My Zombie Show

Post any non BTLC-related stuff here

Re: My Zombie Show

Postby Ninjahero » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:44 am

Very cool. Sadly Zombia is mostly dead. It cost a fair amount of money and got no traction on youtube or anywhere. I was excited about a second season. Maybe one day.

Nothing really happening now. Spending most of my time on my third book. Taking me forever. Stupid day job keeps getting in the way. lol.

How about you? Working on anything fun?
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:52 pm

I know the feeling. I forget if or when I last mentioned it, but a few years back I directed an independent horror movie and I can't get anyone to watch it, even though it got picked up for distribution (but got shelved) and everyone who asked for a copy got one but never bothered to watch it.

I co-wrote three feature-length screenplays with a friend, but we can't find the time to actually shoot any of them. (one of them needs a bit of a budget anyway, the other two can be done super-cheap.)

Currently I'm shooting a short, but even that has hit a roadblock. I'm 25% finished shooting, but work schedules are keeping my producer and me from completing it. (It's about a building engineer who thinks he's being pursued by clowns. Darkly funny, or at least should be once it's finished.)
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:18 am

Sorry to hear about the horror film bro. Is that thing online anywhere or no because of your distribution deal?

Yeah, getting people together to film is a nightmare. Just such a pain to coordinate everyone. I actually just took a stand up class and was thinking about getting into that. No need to get a bunch of crew together. Just my dumb ass on a stage with a mic. lol.

Hopefully you find time for the short soon. Sounds fun. Everybody hates clowns, so that's a total win. ;-)
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Ninjahero wrote:Sorry to hear about the horror film bro. Is that thing online anywhere or no because of your distribution deal?

Yeah, getting people together to film is a nightmare. Just such a pain to coordinate everyone. I actually just took a stand up class and was thinking about getting into that. No need to get a bunch of crew together. Just my dumb ass on a stage with a mic. lol.

Hopefully you find time for the short soon. Sounds fun. Everybody hates clowns, so that's a total win. ;-)

These are the trailers for it:
https://vimeo.com/36933189

https://vimeo.com/70710449

There's a FaceBook page for it but hilariously, FB made some updates and the page lost all its members, except for me. (There were only about 20, but still...)

I really want to shoot more low-budget features, but it's tough to organize. Also, so many of my peers are shooting tons of shorts and although that isn't going to get them noticed by Hollywood, that isn't the point- at least they're out there doing what they love to do.

I was much more prolific during the 90's, but I had more free time and so did my friends.

Thanks for the support- I do want to finish the short- it does feature a good amount of clowns getting their asses kicked.
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:39 am

The Uninvited looks like a good time. Is that thing just stuck in movie limbo forever now?

Sucks that you can't find more time to shoot. Getting people together is never easy. I'm sure work takes up a bunch of your time too. That's normally what kills all my free creative time.

Hopefully you'll get things moving soon. Clowns need to be stopped my friend. Who else is going to do it? ;-)
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Ninjahero wrote:The Uninvited looks like a good time. Is that thing just stuck in movie limbo forever now?

Sucks that you can't find more time to shoot. Getting people together is never easy. I'm sure work takes up a bunch of your time too. That's normally what kills all my free creative time.

Hopefully you'll get things moving soon. Clowns need to be stopped my friend. Who else is going to do it? ;-)

It's actually got a lot of humor in the second half, but you'd never guess from watching the trailer. I figured the audiences would enjoy some good laughs after going through some rough times with the protagonists.

The contract with the distributor expires in 2020, after which the rights revert back to me.

I think you've convinced me that once my short gets rolling again, I will have to create a thread here for updates and pics. :)
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:13 am

Well at least you get the rights back at some point. Small silver lining.

And hell yeah, let the clown pics fly. ;-)
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Ninjahero wrote:And hell yeah, let the clown pics fly. ;-)

Stay tuned. Perhaps next month, I'm seriously itching to get back...
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Previous

Return to Anything else