Blu Ray Questions...

Discussion of the 1986 John Carpenter Film

Blu Ray Questions...

Postby Tseten » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Howdy,

I remember coming to this site many years ago, when I first got the internet.... Good times....

I'm once again in a BTLC mood and am just watching the specials on my BTLC DVD.

I've heard the blu ray version has an extended cut and i'm wondering if its just the deleted scenes which are on the two disc special edition or did they dig out some other long forgotten scenes?

And if the extended version is just the deleted scenes from the DVD, have they been remastered to match the quality of the theatrical cut, as the deleted scenes on the DVD are VHS standard.

Only ask as i'll have to purchase a Blu Ray player to watch it.

Hope you can help.

Great site BTW!! (Thanks to you, I found a BTLC soundtrack too, great stuff!)
Tseten

Re: Blu Ray Questions...

Postby Jack Burton » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:35 pm

I haven't been by in awhile. I usually just watch the movie and skip the deleted scenes. I will have to get back to you about those. I can say that the Blu-Ray edition of this movie is spectacular though. It isn't your typical transfer to Blu-ray cut and paste job. Well worth the $8.99 price new on amazon. It would be pretty steep if you have to buy a Blu-ray player.
You never know until you try.
Jack Burton

Re: Blu Ray Questions...

Postby Haydn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm

I have the Blu-ray and the DVD. From what i can remember they were just the same deleted scenes from the DVD but its possible a few new ones were added on. They definitely didn't remaster it though theyre in poor quality.
Haydn

Return to The Film