BTLC comic status

Discussion of BTLC-related merchandise

BTLC comic status

Postby IWantMyTruckBack » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:28 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post on The Wing Kong Exchange forums, glad to be here! I'm a big fan of BTLC and first discovered the film last year. I'd always enjoyed 'The Thing' and finally realized that BTLC(sitting in my dvd cabinet for years) was also by John Carpenter.

My question: I've pre-ordered Vol.1 BTLC comic by Powell, Carpenter & Churilla online, it becomes available this June. However, I've seen other BTLC comics already available. I was under the impression that the upcoming release was the first comic being issued? I guess not though as others appear online that appear to have been released in years past. Could anyone give me a quick rundown of the BTLC comics history? Thanks for any help!
IWantMyTruckBack

Re: BTLC comic status

Postby Ninjahero » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:05 am

Welcome to the boards.

I didn't actually read the comics, but I thought they started coming out last summer. Boom studios I think. Hopefully someone else on the boards read them and can give you more information.
Ninjahero

Postby Old Jack » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:24 am

I've been reading the comics since they started. The first few issues pick up where the film leaves off. It's meant to be the sequel we never had, but it's only a shadow of the film. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Since then it's had some good moments and some bad ones. I'll keep reading it as long as they publish it, but it might not be for everyone.
Old Jack

Postby IWantMyTruckBack » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Old Jack, thanks for the run-down on the comics. I recently ordered Vol.2 and read Vol.1 last year, got to say I'm pretty impressed with them. I've always preferred the printed editions, there seem to be many more available as e-books/Nook.
IWantMyTruckBack

Postby Old Jack » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:04 am

Boom! Studios is going to release an illustrated novel as a direct sequel to the film in June.

http://www.wingkong.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=419
Old Jack

Postby Old Jack » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:38 am

The series run is over, but now Boom is going to do a BTiLC crossover with Escape From New York. I'm not sure how this will play out though. I have my doubts as to how well either character would be portrayed together.
Old Jack

Postby Ninjahero » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:25 am

Yeah, it seems like an odd match up. But, maybe they'll just keep it campy and fun.
Ninjahero

Postby Old Jack » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:31 am

It will depend on the story they come up with and where they set it. Will it be Jack in Manhattan prison or Snake in Chinatown or some fusion of the two?

Regardless I'll be watching out for it.
Old Jack

Postby Ninjahero » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:10 am

I'm hoping they pick a new location. Get them both out of the element we know. Gonna be interesting.
Ninjahero

Postby Old Jack » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:51 am

Little Italy? ;)
Old Jack

Next

Return to Merchandise