JB's Saddle Bag

Discussion of BTLC-related merchandise

JB's Saddle Bag

Postby papishields » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:03 am

Greetings from the Hell of Being Cut to Pieces!

I have been trying to look for Burton's saddle bag that he has. Sorry, I couldn't post a pic of it, but I put the website that has a pic of it with JB and WC.

https://aldshotfirst.wordpress.com/category/jack-burton/

I'm really looking for any type of information on the bag. Is it bag for a motorcycle/horse? If so, what kind.

Thank you!

papishields
papishields

Re: JB's Saddle Bag

Postby Ninjahero » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:05 am

Sadly I don't know anything about saddle bags. But I wish you luck in your search.

I've always thought that was such a nice touch to the character. Probably a carry over because the original script was a western. But still, a cool quirk. Just one more thing that makes Jack unique.
Ninjahero

Postby Porkchop Express » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Well, like Ninjahero mentioned Big Trouble in Little China was originally meant to be a western film. And I read somewhere that the saddlebags are a reference to that. Which would also explain why Jack is wearing moccasin looking boots throughout the film. So keeping with the western theme the saddle bag itself is most likely just some generic western horse leather saddle bag that costume designers made or bought somewhere. And with it probably being a no name generic bag it would be hard to find the exact one. But at least now you know that it's a horse saddle bag and not for motorcycles. I hope that brings you one step closer on your journey!
Porkchop Express

Postby Bazooka Goof » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:24 am

I used to know of a place that made custom saddlebags, but after I saw this thread I went to find it and discovered the site was gone. Dammit.
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Return to Merchandise