My Zombie Show

Post any non BTLC-related stuff here

My Zombie Show

Postby Ninjahero » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:45 am

Hey everyone, this is definitely off topic, but I wrote and starred in a Zombie Apocalypse Comedy. Would love to get a few more views and hear what you all think. We have 5 episodes out now, with new ones every Wednesday. There is a bit of sexual humor, so be warned if you are watching at work.

http://chroniclesofzombia.com/
Ninjahero

Re: My Zombie Show

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:42 am

I will watch it.
You never know until you try.
Jack Burton

Postby Ninjahero » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks Jack. I appreciate that. New episode out today. :D
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 am

I want to give a more detailed review, but for now I'll give you the bottom line: It's very funny, and you should keep it up. 8-)

(more detailed review coming later- I didn't want to keep you waiting.)
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks Bazooka. I really appreciate you checking it out. Can't wait to hear more. :-)
Ninjahero

Postby Jack Burton » Sun May 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Good stuff! :lol:
You never know until you try.
Jack Burton

Postby Ninjahero » Mon May 27, 2013 8:41 am

Thanks for watching Jack.
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Sorry to keep you waiting for two years, but better late than never.

I thought the show was hilarious. In fact, the only real quibble I ever had was the trailer- it doesn't do justice to how funny the show is. Mainly, the jokes require a bit of setup and it's hard to get that across in a short commercial.

Another aspect I like was that it's a zombie apocalypse, yet we never see a single zombie. I know that might disappoint audiences expecting something more conventional, but I like it when a tv show/movie/web series/whatever can go against expectations and still deliver a watchable product. (Even if it was something as simple as not having the money for zombie makeup, the focus is on the characters.)

I also found the characters amusing both on their own and interacting with each other. You know a character is good when they can stand on their own. Hell, I'd watch a show starring Slade on his own, if it was some kind of prequel before the apocalypse show. Slade's "slow burn" expressions were priceless. Can you imagine that guy going through a typical day routine? :lol:

Will was also a hoot to watch, and the nice thing about Trudy was that she was funny and hot, which is a nice combination.
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:30 am

LOL. I'll take better late than never. Thanks for watching BG.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a ton of fun to make. I'm really happy about the never seeing a zombie bit too. That was the intention from the get go. My original idea actually. Let's make a zombie show where you never see a zombie. I thought it was a hilarious idea. Glad it worked.

Thanks again for watching and writing such a thorough review. I appreciate it pal.
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:38 pm

It was a pleasure! :)

I'm part of a message board for low-budget filmmakers on FaceBook and I try to watch whenever someone posts a new short. I've seen some good stuff, but a lot of it is cringe-worthy and a chore to get through. I hate posting criticism there, especially since some of their mistakes are George Lucas-esque in their badness.

But Zombia was a riot for me. I wish it was still going, it kinda left on a cliffhanger.

Any other projects cooking in the pot lately? :)
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Next

Return to Anything else