Should there be a Big Trouble in Little China 2?

Ideas or comments about a possible sequel

Should there be a Big Trouble in Little China sequel?

Yes. It should start where the first left off.
17%
Yes. It should be totally re-imagined BTLC for the new generation.
8%
Yes. It should be about the kids of the characters of the original BTLC.
No votes
No. YOU LEAVE JACK BURTON ALONE! We are in his debt. He has already shown great courage in the first BTLC
75%

Total votes : 12

Re: Should there be a Big Trouble in Little China 2?

Postby EC8CH » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 am

Kurt Russell is Jack Burton
Jack Burton is Kurt Russell
BTILC is Jack Burton

Any remake would end up being someone doing a bad impression of Kurt Russell as Jack Burton.

One of the great things about BTILC is that it flopped and a sequel was never made in spite of the insane level of epic awesomeness contained withing the original. This movie belongs in the '80s, there is no way a modern remake would be made that would do it justice.
Fine I'm back I'm ready god damn it let me at 'em.

*BLANK STARES*

Or else give me another glass of this stuff and turn on the ballgame.
EC8CH

Postby LoPan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:26 pm

None of the above.

I think a sequel would be cool only if Kurt Russell and Dennis Dunn reprised their roles. Yeah, they are a lot older, but Jack's reflexes never slow .... and trouble is always around the corner ... even 25+ years after the earth quaked, poison arrows fell from the sky, and the pillars of heaven shook. When trouble grabs Jack by the neck and slams the back of his favorite head up against a bar room wall ... ol' Jack just stares that big heap o' trouble right back in the eye and he says "Gimme your best shot pal, I can take it!"
LoPan

Postby Bazooka Goof » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Hmph, get a load of THIS:
http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/06/dwayne ... tle-china/

Not sure what to think about this one...
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:23 am

First off, long time no talk BG. How ya been?

Second, this is potentially terrible news. I think the Rock is awesome but he pretty much picks the worst scripts ever.

That being said, I just don't want a remake. A further adventures feels weak too. I'd be fine with the Rock playing the son of Jack Burton or something like that. Jack Burton Jr, JBJ to his friends. ;-)

Then it could totally be in a similar vein without hurting the original. I don't mind "remakes" that are actually sequels. It's easy to ignore a bad sequel. George Lucas helped us all perfect that skill. :-)
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Ninjahero wrote:First off, long time no talk BG. How ya been?

Second, this is potentially terrible news. I think the Rock is awesome but he pretty much picks the worst scripts ever.

That being said, I just don't want a remake. A further adventures feels weak too. I'd be fine with the Rock playing the son of Jack Burton or something like that. Jack Burton Jr, JBJ to his friends. ;-)

Then it could totally be in a similar vein without hurting the original. I don't mind "remakes" that are actually sequels. It's easy to ignore a bad sequel. George Lucas helped us all perfect that skill. :-)

I'm doing all right, more or less- thanks for asking! I do poke my head in once in a while, and I finally found an excuse to post in here again!

If The Rock had to do a sequel, he should do one for The Rundown- now THAT was awesome. Not as awesome as BTiLC, but still worthy!

They really can't do a remake and do it justice. The first one is just perfect. I wouldn't mind if they came up with something original and told the public, "Yeah, this is gonna be similar to Big Trouble in Little China, so fans of that movie should check it out!" without it actually being a sequel or remake. Just an action comedy with the hero somewhat ineffectual.
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:10 am

Good to know you're still around. :-)

Yeah, I loved the Rundown. I thought that would have made a really nice franchise character for him.

This movie was perfect for what it was when it came out. I don't think you can capture that 80s spirit in a film today. And BTiLC thrived on that sort of fun-ness. This is probably going to be very bad. But we're all gonna see it. lol
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Ninjahero wrote:This movie was perfect for what it was when it came out. I don't think you can capture that 80s spirit in a film today. And BTiLC thrived on that sort of fun-ness. This is probably going to be very bad. But we're all gonna see it. lol

Agreed.

I just don't know if I can bring myself to see it, if it's that bad. They can't capture that magic again. There's just no way.
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Previous

Return to Sequel Discussion