The movie poster

Discussion of the 1986 John Carpenter Film

The movie poster

Postby Slow learner » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:19 am

The movie poster that features jack standing with the CB mic in his hand. Has anyone noticed that the picture of the truck is not the pork chop express. It is snowmans' truck from smokey and the bandit. You can tell they added the chrome nudie girl, haulin ass and a very out of scale freightliner logo. The truck in the pic is a late 70's kenworth w900a and a van trailer. Not the bull rack the pork chop pulls. Also that jack is holding a CB mic same as Sally fields is on the smokey and bandit poster. My question is there anything else in this poster that is out of place? Is there any other smokey and the bandit similarities?
Slow learner

Re: The movie poster

Postby Ninjahero » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:10 am

I guess I've never looked that closely at the truck. There are a lot of Smokey and the Bandit posters out there. None of those trucks looks like the same image to me. Can you include the two images you are looking at? Thanks.
Ninjahero

Postby Slow learner » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 pm

This is the smokey poster I was referring to

http://www.moviepostershop.com/smokey-a ... oster-1977

If anyone can help me. I can't seem for the life of me figure out how to post a pic on here.

But a simple google search for smokey and bandit truck. You can plainly see it differs from the porkchop express by a lot. Two dead giveaways. Truck from either poster does not have the tall sleeper behind the cab. And the grill is different . And I would bet a steak dinner on this subject with confidence because look at the side of the smokey trailer. The fluting is pretty distinctive to that truck and era. Thanks Stan
Slow learner

Postby Ninjahero » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:19 am

Interesting. So I compared that to the standard BTiLC poster. While I can see the similarities, I don't think they're the same truck. There are a lot of differences. The grill for example on the smokey truck has 4 divides, while Jack's truck has 3. Some of the roof design and piping look a little different to me as well.

While it wouldn't be the first time Hollywood took a shortcut. Seems to me that they are just similar looking trucks. But I could be wrong.

Anyone else looking it over?
Ninjahero

Return to The Film