BTILC: Old Jack new comic series! Fall 2017

Discussion of BTLC-related merchandise

Re: BTILC: Old Jack new comic series! Fall 2017

Postby Ninjahero » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:02 am

I love Dredd. On my all time favorites list. So bummed it didn't make enough for a sequel. And what a bold move by Urban, to actually play the whole movie without revealing his face. And he still killed it. Crazy talented actor.
Also, I'm sad to admit, I actually had fun with the Stallone Dredd too. I know, it's nowhere near as good as Urban's Dredd. But I still had fun.

That is a really cool world. Was never really into the comics/magazines as a kid. But always loved the premise of the world.

Yeah, Lucas should have launched something else. He should have done a lot of things. I'm really glad Disney has the franchises now. I feel like they are taking great care with the stuff they are doing. The Marvel universe is phenomenal in my opinion. SW Episode 7 wasn't great, but it was way better than 1, 2, or 3. Rogue One was fun. I am really looking forward to their Indy. Especially if we get some new blood and the proper setting.
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Ninjahero wrote:I love Dredd. On my all time favorites list. So bummed it didn't make enough for a sequel. And what a bold move by Urban, to actually play the whole movie without revealing his face. And he still killed it. Crazy talented actor.
Also, I'm sad to admit, I actually had fun with the Stallone Dredd too. I know, it's nowhere near as good as Urban's Dredd. But I still had fun.

That is a really cool world. Was never really into the comics/magazines as a kid. But always loved the premise of the world.

Yeah, Lucas should have launched something else. He should have done a lot of things. I'm really glad Disney has the franchises now. I feel like they are taking great care with the stuff they are doing. The Marvel universe is phenomenal in my opinion. SW Episode 7 wasn't great, but it was way better than 1, 2, or 3. Rogue One was fun. I am really looking forward to their Indy. Especially if we get some new blood and the proper setting.

I managed to see Dredd before another friend of mine who was a hard-core Dredd nut- his big question to me was, "Did he take off his helmet?" All I said was, "only for one shot- and it's a silhouette, so you never see his face." You should have seen the tears of joy streaming down his face. :)

Yeah, all I wanted for Episode 7 was for it to be better than the prequels- I was satisfied. I did enjoy Rogue One too, just not quite enough to want multiple viewings. (I'd watch it again, I just don't have it in my collection.)
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:00 am

Dredd was just so good. Love that movie.

Yeah, Episode 7 had a low bar to cross. And it's obviously just a rip of New Hope. I actually think it gets worse with multiple viewings. Doesn't really hold up well. But, we'll see what Disney has in store for Ep 8. Hopefully they keep getting better.
Ninjahero

Postby Bazooka Goof » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Ninjahero wrote:Yeah, Episode 7 had a low bar to cross. And it's obviously just a rip of New Hope. I actually think it gets worse with multiple viewings. Doesn't really hold up well. But, we'll see what Disney has in store for Ep 8. Hopefully they keep getting better.

I seldom get a chance to rewatch movies all the way through. Lately I just do a highlights reel and skim through, watching just the best parts- so I haven't had an honest chance to see if Episode 7 has a high rewatchability factor. I do love that escape from Jakku sequence, though.
Bazooka Goof
Goof
Goof

Postby Ninjahero » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:25 am

There are some decent parts of the movie. But it has lots of problems. I think a lot of us were so excited it didn't completely suck, we rated it higher than it actually was. lol
Ninjahero

Previous

Return to Merchandise