The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

phantasm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshRidesFast
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: phantasm Reply with quote

anyone seen the horror movie Phantasm from '79?
it's really cool. part 2 is even better.
if you haven't seen it...you should.
however it's hard to get a hold of..atleast where i live.
horror movies are my fav...so if anyone else likes horror too....let it be known.
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horror movies are cool, i love all the classics (the original texas chainsaw is one of my favourite and most f*cked up movies), but kinda like kung fu movies i think that there's only so much that can be done if you want to keep to the genre. Although a few of the japanese flicks (such as ring, dark water) have kinda revitalised it recently after some pretty dire american releases.

oh btw if you like the movies check out some of the books...the Shining (King) is one of the best novels I've ever read, it's much scarier than the film. The Thomas Harris books (Hannibal Lecter) are also well worth reading. American psycho is supposed to be good to, but I've not got around to that one, it's supposed to be gorier than the film...sounds good Very Happy
AshRidesFast
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texas chainsaw is one of my favs..but part 2 is like the next best horror movie ever...next to phantasm.
i hate reading. i don't have the patience nor the imagination to read. or else i would be more than glad to read the books you told me about because i like the movies.
classic horror is the way to go. the newer ones aren't that great. ...except for Saw that was pretty good.
Mike D
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Tall Man and his Flying Drill Bit Ball of Doom. I saw one of the sequels first, where it turns out the girl was some kind of zombie the whole time and was just setting the heroes up to die...classic.

Mike
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not that great a reader too. but honestly if you can take a look at the Shining do, even if it's the only book you'll ever read, cos it'll have you hooked after the first couple of pages. and there's a couple of bits which do make ya crap your pants!
What the Hell!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girl: It's a dream, a dream! It's only a dream!

Kookie Old Man: No. It's not!

I love that quote from Phatasm 2
Mike D
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that post about The Shining...yeah, awesome read! I picked it up in 9th grade and was so engrossed I finished it in a single Saturday. Slept with the lights on that night, too.

In this one Stephen King concordance I saw they included some bits that got cut from the novel, including a preface where a guy is staying at the hotel one night. He's in bed and has to reach down to pick something up off the floor, and he feels cold fingers snap shut around his wrist...and the scene fades. Good stuff, but putting something like that up front would've changed the story's pacing.

Mike
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In this one Stephen King concordance I saw they included some bits that got cut from the novel, including a preface where a guy is staying at the hotel one night. He's in bed and has to reach down to pick something up off the floor, and he feels cold fingers snap shut around his wrist...and the scene fades. Good stuff, but putting something like that up front would've changed the story's pacing.

are you talking about bits in the Shining (the film) dude? cos I can't remember ever having seen the preface you mention!
Mike D
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this was something that King wrote for, but dropped from, the novel.

Mike
Sing Ding
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen all 4 Phantasm flicks, and love them all. It's my favorite series of movies.

When I first started dating my wife, I flat-out told her: "look, if we're going to be together for any period of time, you're going to have to endure me watching these movies over and over again, so you'd might as well watch them all now, and let me know if you like them."

She and I watched all four back-to-back, and she loved them--although it took her up to about the last 15 minutes of the first one to really figure out that I was serious about them. Laughing

Ah, that's true love, kids! Wink
WingCowPow
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Psycho book is pretty vivid!!! Watch the film first i think, then read the book. It opens the mind to more nastier things...! Shocked

'My nightly bloodlust overflows into my days...'
'I'm on the verge of frenzy...'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: