The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Explaining the Tee Shirt Delay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Explaining the Tee Shirt Delay Reply with quote

For those of you who purchased a Pork Chop Express, Wing Kong Exchange, Dragon of the Black Pool, or Egg Foo Young Tours shirt and haven't received it yet, I thought I'd explain just what's been taking so long.

I first started selling the abovementioned shirts about 3 years ago after discovering someone on ebay selling the design. I originally partnered up with him, selling his shirts on my site. After a while, the arrangement went a little sour, and I arranged new terms where I would accept payment, take a commission, and send the funds to him in exchange for him shipping the shirts to the proper buyers.

This worked well for a while, but then he started being late on his deliveries, eventually dropping off the face of the earth for about 2 months with no explanation. After complaints from customers, ultimately everyone either got their shirts or a refund, but I vowed not to continue selling the shirts with him again.

The fans continued to write me asking about the shirts, so I arranged to purchase the shirts from my distributor directly this time, avoiding a chance he would flake like he did last time. This worked out pretty well for a while, and I sold out of all the shirts I bought. I purchased another order from him, and that too sold out.

This last order was my largest yet, 150 shirts. In anticipation, I decided to take pre-orders for the shirts, and figured they would be filled once I received the shirts in about 2 weeks, which was his estimate.

Then my distributor disappeared again, only to pop up sporadically to tell me he'd get the shirts to me in a few weeks, next week, some time, etc. Direct calls to his phone never reached him, and he never returned calls. It's now been 7 weeks since I paid him, and no shirts have arrived yet.

I filed a complaint against him on PayPal a few weeks ago, and am planning on escalating it to a claim if I don't hear back from him this weekend. I fully expect PayPal to side with me on this matter, but I'd rather get him to deliver the shirts I paid him for than get a chargeback and be forced to refund all the pre-orders I received.

So that's where things are at. I vow to not deal with my distributor again after this botched experience, though I might consider purchasing his designs from him in order to print them myself and not have to deal with this anymore.
Clockwork

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: shirts Reply with quote

That sucks about the shirts, i really hope it works out. Has anything been resolved since?
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: shirts Reply with quote

Clockwork wrote:
That sucks about the shirts, i really hope it works out. Has anything been resolved since?

I've since recovered a total of $15 from the distributor, and he hasn't contacted me in weeks. His PayPal account has been suspended until he pays me, but somehow that doesn't seem to phase him. He appears to have once again dropped off the face of the earth.

Since I paid him for shirts he could not deliver, I am planning on making these shirts myself and printing them. Stay tuned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: