The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Trouble Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Wukong
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Big Trouble Today Reply with quote

Given the world of the film, where do you think is going on the Chinatown and with the characters of BTiLC? I mean, that was 1986. and now it's twenty years later. Here's my guesses:

I think that something probably moved into the power vacuum left when Lo Pan fell, something dark and sinister, and it ressurrected the Three Storms, who can never really die due to their stature as elements of nature.

But what about everybody else's fate?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Trouble Today Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
But what about everybody else's fate?

Jack's fate at the end of the movie is ambiguous; I'd almost say it seems as if he didn't make it- hence the investigation at the beginning of the movie with Egg Shen.

Being the eternal optimist though, I like to think he DID get out. Since it seems as though Jack had never encountered such weirdness before, he would not have been a regular in the crazy world of "Little China". 20 years later, he's probably still drivin' a truck somewhere... Cool

Egg Shen, if he didn't die (who knows how old the character really is) would still be around, practicing magic.

Wang Chi would likely still be married and after 20 years, maybe have a son or daughter trained in the arts.

Gracie Law probably got married to some rich lawyer and then divorced a few years later. Either she settled down, or became a "cat-lady" like that weird chick in A Clockwork Orange. Wink

Margo... ah, does anyone really care? Laughing
Miang
Wingkong Elite with White Goggles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lawyer was asking Egg if he knew where Jack was at the beginning. That implies that maybe Jack has vanished?
Because god knows that finding him normally would be easy-- all you'd have to do was track the truck. It's got his name on it. And besides that, turning on a CB radio would've been another way to figure it out. (audio clues between the rants.)
Eh. Who knows.Smile
Egg Shen is an immortal sorcerer, who has been fighting Lo Pan for centuries. That's why he knew the details of the story. He might be retired, however, since Lo Pan is no longer a threat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: