The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lo-Pan in Love!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Lo-Pan in Love! Reply with quote

I know, the new guy's second post and he's already thinking of jumping into the fanfiction. But watching the film again I couldn't help but think that when Dave says, "There have been others. There are always others, even in a life as short as yours. But you know the way it works with women, how seldom it works out... yet we all keep trying like fools!" that maybe he had some experince with one of these girls with green eyes. So I thought what if after being cursed he had fallen in love? After a few chuckles I thought why not give it a whirl? So I'll post it here as I come along in terms of plot and story.

Edit: I can't even edit out the loser/ban comment?

Last edited by Vakanain on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lo-Pan in Love! Reply with quote

Vakanain wrote:
Edit: I can't even edit out the loser/ban comment?

Sorry about that, Vakanain- a looooooong time ago we had a huge influx of spammers who posted sexual comments- the word censor was programmed acordingly.

You can post without fear- I deleted the phrase from the database. (We haven't had spammer problems in months!)

Welcome to the Forum, by the way! Very Happy
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Lo-Pan in Love! Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
Sorry about that, Vakanain- a looooooong time ago we had a huge influx of spammers who posted sexual comments- the word censor was programmed acordingly.

You can post without fear- I deleted the phrase from the database. (We haven't had spammer problems in months!)

Welcome to the Forum, by the way! Very Happy

Ah, that explains it.

And thank you! Very Happy
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo Pan in Love... heh, that's amusing. Done in the style of George Lucas in Love, perhaps? Smile
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wingkong wrote:
Lo Pan in Love... heh, that's amusing. Done in the style of George Lucas in Love, perhaps? Smile

Never heard of it. Embarassed

I'm thinking it'll take place in China some time shortly after he got cursed. He meets a girl with green eyes, tries to pull the whole get married and sacrifice her plot only to fall in love and realize he can't go through with it, all the while unbeknownst to him she figured out the plot and heartbreak ensues somehow. Isn't that the way it goes? You decide not to sacrifice a girl in order to placate a (dead or aging? Depends on the timeline I suppose) emperor, and she breaks up with you cause she thinks you still plan to kill her. Rolling Eyes

Which brings up the question was his weakened pyshical form always that old or did he age through time? I doubt we can know for certain, but what's your take on it?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vakanain wrote:
wingkong wrote:

Never heard of it. Embarassed

Here you go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=STRja-ABexU

(It's a parody of the movie Shakespeare in Love, except starring a young George Lucas. Your idea (just the title) sounded similar...) Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: