The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

costumes from the film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Merchandise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threestorms

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: costumes from the film Reply with quote

Does anyone know what ever happened to any of the cpstumes used in the film? Does anyone on here own any memorabilia or props from the film?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the boards, Threestorms! Smile

As far as I know, no one here owns any actual props from the film. (I haven't seen any pics or threads about it since I've been a member here.)

I hate to speak for the group, so if anyone out there knows differently please speak up! (If I don't say anything, this thread might go unanswered- I'm the only one prowling around lately.) Wink
threestorms

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for getting back. The props have to be somewhere, maybe they are still in storage somewhere....
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a crew jacket from the film... I'll have to post pictures of it sometime. I got it years ago from a fan who worked on the film.
Who?Him?ThisGuy?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Props and BTLC crew jacket Reply with quote

Hi guys -
Something tells me that several of the costumes and props are probably still locked up (or perhaps displayed) somewhere on the premises of 20th Century Fox since you can catch a glimpse of some of them (e.g. the bamboo costumes worn by The Three Storms) in one of the featurettes on the special edition DVD (costume designer April Ferry talks about making the costumes).
And Josh, it's funny hearing that you also have an original BTLC film crew jacket! I bought mine on-line from a British business man who said he'd bought it from a Chinese woman whose father had worked on the BTLC set; that jacket is my most prized possession and the crown of my BTLC collection Smile It is fantastic to have an item that is directly linked to the movie; an item that has probably been on the actual BTLC set back in the mid-80s! You should definitely post some pics of the jacket so that the rest of the BTLC community can see it (and the fantastic embroidered logo on the left hand side of the chest of the jacket).
Thanks for a terrific website. See you around.
GirlwithGreenEyes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: headdresses? Reply with quote

has anyone seen where replicas might be made or something similar to the headdress that gracie or maio wore? ive looked and havent come up with much Sad ..any ideas?
Reika76

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can give you istructions about how to make one of them by yourself, you could see our replicas at this link

http://wingkong.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=744
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Merchandise All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: