The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghostbusters 25th anniversary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthBoy
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Ghostbusters 25th anniversary. Reply with quote

This year and month is the 25th anniversary to one of the coolest movies ever.
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great movie. Now you got me excited about BTILCs 25th anniversary. I might have to head into San Fran's 'little china' to celebrate.
DarthBoy
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To celebrate Sony has released The Real Ghostbusters on DVD on Volume 1 DVDs at Wal-Mart and other fine stores for a great price which i got my and Volume 2 coming this Halloween. They also released the original movie on a special edition Blu-Ray which i bought and they also released a badass video game which was badass stuff and is the best GB game since Sega Genesis and the Arcade game, a thousand time better then the shitty NES 1 & 2 games.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started to prepare my daughter (only 3.5 years old) for watching cool 80's movies, and she's already seen a few minutes of Ghostbusters. (The hotel scene and Marshmallow man)

When her attention span gets longer, she can watch the whole thing. Cool

In understand the original cast is coming together for a tentative 3rd movie. They better do some clever writing; I'm all for aging heroes doing their thing one last time on the big screen, but Murray, Ramis and Aykroyd are all looking a bit long in the tooth to be strapping on the proton packs and running around. (Ernie Hudson looks in better shape.)
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
I've started to prepare my daughter (only 3.5 years old) for watching cool 80's movies, and she's already seen a few minutes of Ghostbusters. (The hotel scene and Marshmallow man)

When her attention span gets longer, she can watch the whole thing. Cool

In understand the original cast is coming together for a tentative 3rd movie. They better do some clever writing; I'm all for aging heroes doing their thing one last time on the big screen, but Murray, Ramis and Aykroyd are all looking a bit long in the tooth to be strapping on the proton packs and running around. (Ernie Hudson looks in better shape.)

I am preparing myself for disappointment. Bill Murray was iffy to come back. Sounds like the original cast is doing mostly cameos. Its going to be a new young crew. I would much rather see something where the young guys get in trouble and the old men have to come out of retirement to save them. Nothing would be funnier than old dudes fighting ghosts. Especially those old dudes.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon, if anything, AT LEAST Egon and Ray are gonna be heavily involved with the new team... just like Egon has been in every cartoon since because he makes all of the equipment. Ray and Egon were the only two who were really interested in the paranormal (Venkman and Winston mainly wanted to get paid).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but that dynamic is what made the movie great. Peter only wanted the girl and the fame. Winston wanted a job. The movie was gold. Heck, the second one is weak but still enjoyable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: