The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHat do we really want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would be best
SEQUAL
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
REMAKE
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
SPIN-OFF
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Just leave it alone, there's no need for another movie
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 24

Rover
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say, a sequel with Jessica Alba and Ewan McGregor Smile
Nah just kidding, I don't need no sequel! The end was great and I don't think they should go further without risks of repetition. Plus, by today standards, using the same humor would be a big miss with the wide audience...
Maybe a remake then, but in fact Carpenter's remake of Escape from LA (or was it from NY? I still mix up the two movies every time) wasn't that great...and it's not even sure that Carpenter will be involved if they do something one day, so I vote leave the movie alone!
Bartlettism
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have for a sequel... so we all have something to complain about! It will be great if it IS popular. Then we can say we liked BTLC before it went mainstream. like teenagers do with music. But can Lucy Lui be Miao? Or Ziyi ... the girl from Crouching Tiger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for a sequel. Even if they mess it up, it can't detract or ruin the first one any. And if it's good then we'll have another great movie to love.
Besides, it's all in the reflexes. Cool
led burton
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A spin off would be perfect. You could use any or most of the original cast. You could chose any time line give or take. An additional story of Jack Burton could be a nice spin. I don't know about anyone else here, but if I saw anything remotely tied into BTLC I would have to see it.
halla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sequel for sure. Let faith bring them (or some of them) together and push them in some crazy fast paced adventure. I wouldn't mind seeing the survived Lo Pan and his minions having to fight together with the heroes against a bigger ancient enemy right down in a China Town to avoid total world apocalypse .

Maybe the audience will be ready this time, maybe not.

But if the cast just produces it for the fun/experience i am sure it will have a huge fan base.

None of the cast aren't ego demanding million actors either. Kurt Russell, Kim Cattrall and James Hong are still acting. Kurt looked amazing in Death Proof right Smile

Carpenter is producing i saw on imdb.
LimericksJackBurton
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sequel set right now would be so brilliant. Think about it guys.
Kurt at this age could play Jack as a cantankerous old basterd who's pissed off at the whole World cos once he had an adventure, but nothing at all intresting has happened in his life since.
The possibilities are endless...
Wang is still Wang but he and the wife had a pile of kids and a few of thoses are Kung Fu prodigies. Along for the adventure, so that covers your kiddy audience. Lo Pan is still around, and Gracie's huge cos of that tea & crumpets, blimey! in the City shiat...
Carpenter is waiting for something to do, and with Jacks tank top appearing on the wall of the bar in Death Proof, QT could write and produce, he's clearly a fan!!!

fark it, the campaign starts here.....

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA 2, you know you want it!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: