The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little china 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured Fox would find a way to prevent anyone outside their circle from doing much with the franchise.

It was a good effort though, Ryan. Hopefully you can take this experience with a grain of salt and bring your ethusiastic efforts onto other projects.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Good bye Big Trouble In Little China 2 Reply with quote

endworld wrote:
I failed you all.

Not really- you tried, which is more than a lot of people can say. We now know (thanks to your efforts) the circumstances under which a sequel would be made, if ever.

Don't let the red tape & bureaucrats get you down. (I was fighting the Screen Actor's Guild for months regarding a project of my own.) Feel free to keep us informed of anything else you might be working on. Smile
Chang_Sing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got that far from making this whole thing reality, so don't give up. I just posted a coupl eof new threads, one of which deals with a book idea. production companies usuaqlly will never work with someone who isn't already known and "on their list" of approved writers.

The whole thing is that you can't become an "approved" writer until you have "made it". Kind of a catch 22. What you should look at doing is going back to your sources whom you've worked with already and talk about negotiating the rights to your original work, make it legal so that way the script gets into the hands of an approved writer.

Once that writer looks at it and possibly makes some distinguishing changes, he can then call your script an adaptation, put his name on it, and work from there. You would be credited in the process and be in line for some payment so long as you fight for those rights since you wrote the original and so forth.

There are all sorts of ways to get around quirky Hollywood policies.

The site admin is correct, soliciting money is a bad idea. If a production company wants it, they will give you a budget to stay within, or even match what funding is already available.

Keep up the good work! I'll take a look at your site some time soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: