The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Own Film
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miang
Wingkong Elite with White Goggles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
Sorry to hear things didn't work out the way you wanted with Theater Miang. Hopefully you have found many other creative outlets that you enjoy.

And thanks for the cool cartoons remark. I will have my own studio one day.

And I agree, Congrats to Bazooka for finishing his film. Sorry Bazooka, I feel like I highjacked your thread.

Life happens. Smile
I write, I hope for publication eventually.
I paint, I hope someone likes it enough to buy it someday.
I costume, I hope it turns out as cool as the cool kids.

Went to an anime dubbing workshop at a convention in my area, and thought it was pretty nifty. And since my two handicaps were my looks, and being physically unable to project to the back of the auditorium, it was something I was looking into for a while, before I realized that I couldn't commute to Boston or NYC every day. Very Happy Was supposed to be part of a Transformers fandub project, at one point, but the coordinator died unexpectedly before he got it going.
Love martial arts films-- Jackie Chan and Jet Li-- woo! So many moves-- wish I'd started with martial arts early. Very Happy

Anyhow. Bazooka? When are DVDs going to be available, and where can I find them? ;D
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miang wrote:

Life happens. Smile

Anyhow. Bazooka? When are DVDs going to be available, and where can I find them? ;D

All good things. What do you write? Novels, screenplays, short stories?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
Sorry Bazooka, I feel like I highjacked your thread.

No apologies necessary- I hijacked this thread from someone else originally! Laughing

Miang wrote:
When are DVDs going to be available, and where can I find them?

To the best of my knowledge, York Entertainment will be releasing it sometime in June of this year. If they bother to notify me, I'll post a link to their site. Otherwise, I'll just keep checking their site until I find the release date.

I'm not sure how big of a release it's going to get- you might find it at a Best Buy, but I can't guarantee that just yet.

One other interesting detail- when I informed my actors about our modest success, one of them commented on how nice it was that we kept trying to find a distributor- apparently many of them did work on independent films which have never found a public release- which is surprising, given how much crap IS given a distribution deal! Rolling Eyes Wink
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very common Bazooka. I got lots of friends out here in LA who have been part of or made independent films. Most turn down distribution deals because they want something better. Sometimes they are right and the deal was no good. More often than not they think a little too highly of their film.

I am just happy you finished and found a deal you like. Hopefully more success will be in your future. Good luck.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did walk away from two offers, as they were not advantageous. One distributor wanted the rights "in perpetuity" and another wanted US to pay THEM $15K for the movie.

Our current deal isn't the greatest, but it legitimizes me as a filmmaker, and also gives me a track record. The next step is to make another shoestring budget movie (the next one is a comedy) and after we get that finished, hopefully we can raise money for the next one, because it requires a budget to pull off properly. (we already have a finished script)

I think persistence is the key. And patience. Wink
Keith
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the movie, Bazooka! Can't wait to watch it. My hope, in SAT analogy syntax, is

Uninvited:Horror/Comedy::BTiLC:Action/Comedy

Very Happy
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
We did walk away from two offers, as they were not advantageous. One distributor wanted the rights "in perpetuity" and another wanted US to pay THEM $15K for the movie.

Our current deal isn't the greatest, but it legitimizes me as a filmmaker, and also gives me a track record. The next step is to make another shoestring budget movie (the next one is a comedy) and after we get that finished, hopefully we can raise money for the next one, because it requires a budget to pull off properly. (we already have a finished script)

I think persistence is the key. And patience. Wink

Keep up the good work pal. We look forward to hearing about future projects as well as the success of this one.
Miang
Wingkong Elite with White Goggles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
Miang wrote:

Life happens. Smile

All good things. What do you write? Novels, screenplays, short stories?

Writing a novel at the moment (Technically, rewriting a novel I wrote four years ago with Feng Shui RPG and BTiLC as inspirations)
Also have quite a bit of fanfic out there for Transformers, and have a few short bits here and there. No screenplays just yet-- my first one act play sucked really badly, and I'm a little afraid to try again. Some friends are doing the script writing month this April.

And thanks, Bazooka! I'll keep an eye out for it-- and if you let me know, I can snag a copy.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After about 3 years of trying, my film FINALLY made it to IMDb!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1756831/

I don't know what criteria they judge these things on, but I guess persistence pays off. Ba-zing! Cool
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats pal. Now you are official. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: