The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lucas to remake "Willow" ('cuz he's bored.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Lucas to remake "Willow" ('cuz he's bored.) Reply with quote

Read the article here:

http://thehollywoodham.com/wordpress/?p=178

Wink Laughing
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I hate him any more? Seriously.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the authenticity of this article, but here it is (worth a laugh anyway- Lucas blows!)

Click Here

(in a nutshell, Lucas wants the rights to use deceased actors' faces in future films.) Rolling Eyes
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man really is evil.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the product becomes a parody of itself thus making it funny via schlock value.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for kicks, I will list the Star Wars movies in the order that I will watch them in, from least to best.

6. Revenge of the Sith - Nope. Never again. Not. Ever. I will tell my daughter that Lucas made episodes 4-6, then 1, and promptly dropped dead. (His legacy will be preserved, sort of...)

5. Attack of the Clones - Same as above.

4. Return of the Jedi - After Lucas made some changes, and also being older since last viewing it when I was 12, it dawned on me how bad this one sucked. My wife hasn't seen this one yet, so there will be at least one more viewing.

3. The Phantom Menace - The BEST lightsaber battle between two Jedi and a Sith make this one worth it for me. Oh wait, I forgot how much nonsensical crap is jammed into this one. Oh well, that's why God invented chapter stops on DVD!

2. A New Hope - this would normally be #1, but the painful alteration of Greedo shooting first and the pointless Jabba scene bumps this sucker to #2. Way to go, George. Way to go!

1. Empire Strikes Back - Not much they could do to screw this one up, since Kershner got it right the first time around. It's nice to know that there's at least one good movie out of six.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its:
Revenge of the Sith least, obviously. There is so much he got wrong with the prequel trilogy that he could of got right, and it all culminates in this movie. I like it still but it sucks.
Then Attack of the Clones - Christopher Lee is awesome in this movie but Hayden Christiensen started his crap performance here and they should have noticed and at least got a new Anakin. It wasn't too late to save the franchise here.
The Phantom Menace comes next. Great movie, but Lucas really could have tried a little harder to flesh out a storyline that chimed well with the original trilogy.
I more or less like the original movies the same. Probably A New Hope a little more because Alec Guiness is in it more. I think that the greatest sin of the prequel trilogy is how much Obi Wan failed to live up to old Ben.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I feel like I barely know you two right now. Those movies were such crap, I can barely type them out. But if I had to order of crap to awesome.

Attack of the CLones is the worst of the bunch, hands down.

Phantom Menace is just as bad, but it has lightsaber duels, making it slightly, be it ever so slightly above AotC.

Revenge of the Sith is just a hair above that. Although it's still a horrible movie, it is slightly less horrible.

Then we have a grand canyon sized divide before we get to the original three. And I would NEVER watch the LUCAS piss on my childhood version. My DVDs have the original cuts.

A New Hope, love this movie, but it's the weakest of the three. Its also the only one of the original that Lucas had directing and writing control over. Interesting coincidence.

Empire, I know people love this movie, and consider it the best. I think its phenomenal. But I actually like return just a little bit better. Although the battle between Vader and Luke in this movie is the best light saber duel ever. It actually had meaning and emotion in it.

Return. Furry midgets don't bother me. And I love the final confrontation between Vader, the Emperor, and Luke. Awesome.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Lucas is releasing the six films on Blu-Ray with (you guessed it) even MORE changes!

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/star-wars-blu-ray-changes/4299

(Lucasfilm has confirmed these changes.)

John Carpenter was asked for comment, and when the question "Why wasn't the Special Edition of Big Trouble in Little China loaded with CGI alterations?", Carpenter shrugged and said, "I got it right the first time."
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why JOHN CARPENTER ROCKS.
JACKs BTILC
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of LoPan "Indeed".

Oh wow that is lame but which is worse messing with the original movies or remaking them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: