The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The arrival of Lo Pan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: The arrival of Lo Pan Reply with quote

Hi, thought I would share with you the start of a story. It's not much at this time and is only the very start. I haven't done much writing before so it may not be that great to read but here goes:

It's set in the period before the movie.

The arrival of Lo Pan

Two men cautiously approached the warehouse, one slightly walked slightly behind the other and was pushing a wheelchair. In the wheelchair was an old decrepit man who seemed centuries old. He turned behind and angrily snapped “Thunder, I told you to get me an electric wheelchair.”
“Anything you say Lo Pan but remember this contact could be the most important we've had for years.”
“I'm fully aware of that” Lo Pan angrily retorted, tired after the long fight. He then turned to face the man walking ahead of him. “Lightning, you enter first and be sure this is no trap.”

Kwan Lui watched as the unkown approached, he was about to speak when Lightning abruptly cut him off “Lo Pan sent me.”

Kwan Lui was not impressed, “I told him to come alone” he shouted. Before he has the chance to say anything more he was swept off his feet and thrown through the air, landing the opposite side of the room. Lightning smiled as his hand sparked with electricity. He declared “You are in no position to demand anything of us” and called out “Lo Pan!”

Thunder wheeled Lo Pan into the room while Lightning stood over Kwan Lui. “Good evening Kwan Lui” said Lo Pan “now you will tell me everything you know”

Lightning dragged Kwan Lui across the floor and forced a chair into the table that had been prepared earlier for the meeting. Thunder moved over and started to tie Kwan Lui to the chair. “Don't try anything” said Lo Pan “One order from me and you are dead, now I want to know everything you do”

Kwan Lui hesitated for a moment and the began talking “I don't know all the details, all I have is what the Chang Sing have been able to find out over the years. It is believed that the complex is vast, no-one knows exactly what is down there, very few people that get beyond the front desk have made it out but I've been told that not everything down there is human.”

“Where is the entrance” demanded Lo Pan.

“It's at a place called the Wing Kong exchange, all I can tell you is that once you go in there is a security desk and beyond that doors leading to a corridor lines with statues that is believed to be the gateway to the rest of the complex. Most of the Chang Sing that have got beyond that have never returned.”

“That will be sufficient” said Lo Pan smiling.

“So where's my payment?” asked Kwan Lui “I've kept my side of the bargain”

“Oh yes I remember” said Lo Pan “I will keep my word, Lightning give it to him”

Lightning's hand started to spark as he felt the energy build up inside him. Kwan Lui knew what was going to happen “You fools” he said I could have helped, you have no idea who you are dealing with, Lian.....” he was cut off as Lightning unleashed all his energy and Kwan Lui collapsed in the chair, dead.

Lo Pan turned to Thunder “Get me that electric wheelchair right now, take Kwan Lui's car, we are going to the Wing Kong exchange.

It was late at night when the two storms walked into the building, Lo Pan followed closely behind in his new electric wheelchair.
“Can I help?” asked on of the guards on duty at the desk.

“We have just arrived from China and need somewhere to stay, can you help us?” asked Thunder.

Lightning stood behind the desk, slowly moving over to the other side of the desk, covering Lo Pan who slowly moved in his wheelchair towards the doors leading to the rest of the complex.

“Sorry but this isn't a hotel” replied the guard. Just as he finished his reply he noticed Lo Pan move his wheelchair into the doors to open them. “Where do you think you're going?” he shouted. This is private property.

Having got a glimpse of the corridor beyond the doors, Lo Pan had achieved his primary objective of their first visit and so turned to Thunder and said “Looks like we are not welcome here, find me somewhere else to stay.”

The two storms and Lo Pan left the building to set off back to the warehouse where their base would be located. “It is exactly as our deceased friend Kwan Lui described it, now we will find a way in.” said Lo Pan.

Liang Na sat in the chair towering over an ornate room, the phone next to her rang and she picked it up. “Hello.”

“We just had three people come in asking if they knew anywhere they could stay, but we suspect this was a cover, one of them tried to get through the doors into the corridor.”

“Play the video on the screen” replied Liang Na.

She closely watched the video of the men entering the buidling. She didn't immediately recognize the first two but when she saw who was in the wheelchair she was shocked. She turned to a man standing to her right that had long flowing hair “Lo Pan is here” she said. The man immediately drew a sword and started to walk towards the door saying “He won't ever set foot in here again, I'll sort him out.”

“No Rain” said Liang Na we don't want an early confrontation, leave it with me, she sat back in the chair and concentrated on making communication with Lo Pan, very careful to not let him know of her prescence until she was ready.

Back at the Warehouse Lo Pan sat next to the table with the two storms in silence. Suddenly he heard a voice in his mind “Lo Pan, you are not welcome here, stay away.”

Lo Pan turned to the two storms and said “It's Liang Na, this is going to be more complicated than expected.”

Liang Na turned to Rain and said "And so the battle resumes, have everyone assemble in the Great Hall in one hour, I have an annoucement to make."

Rain acknowledged this and set off to announce the meeting.
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. Are you going to finish the story?
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, what I posted above was just the basic starting point. I see there has been quite a few "sequel" stories but not so many attempts at describing the events before the movie (Other than Josh's good "The Hell of being cut to pieces"). It has interested me how Lo Pan got his hands on the comlex under the Wing Kong exchange so I started writing this. I will most likely rewrite the first part also as it isnt' of good quality. It's a shame that this place is effectively dead though other than spammers as I was under the impression that the movie had quite a cult following even today. If I ever get the story finished I expect you may well be the only person the reads it. I will continue the story though of how Lo Pan and his two storms Thunder and Lightning arrived.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wanna know how he got the Wing Kong Exchange? He saved up his pennies for a few hundred years and bought himself a company.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denton wrote:
You wanna know how he got the Wing Kong Exchange? He saved up his pennies for a few hundred years and bought himself a company.

That would be too easy. That said, when I write backstories they may be considered a bit overcreative in ideas. I just find keeping to exactly what you are told in a movie or TV series to be a bit restrictive.

Last edited by Zoe on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite dead yet. Me, Denton, Bazooka, and a couple others are still here. Smile
Jay The Showstealer Sean
Jay
Jay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here too.. even though a lot people heard i was dead. Razz
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports of this board's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Wink
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just all vanish from time to time as there is no internet connection in the deepest dungeons of Lo Pan's liars. If only I could take my iphone while I battle the forces of evil.
derrickthorn616

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite dead yet. Me, Denton, Bazooka, and a couple others are still here,I finally found this web page! I’ve been looking just for this article for so long!!

-------------------------
SPAM LINKS REMOVED BECAUSE THEY'RE LAME.
Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another spammer.....
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe wrote:
Another spammer.....

Watch my famous Disappearing Spammer trick.

Hey, I need a volunteer- Thanks, DerrickThorn16! Can I borrow your IP address?

POOF!

BANNED.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: