The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharing the Trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Sharing the Trouble Reply with quote

I love showing BTiLC to people who haven't seen it yet. I've found that there are indeed some of us who were put on this Earth to get it. Sadly, those who don't tend to look at me with a confused and somewhat worried expression when the movie is over.

I showed it to my aunt this Christmas and she was in stitches the whole time.

What reactions have you all got from BTiLC "virgins"? What does it take to be a BTiLC fan (aside from extremely good taste)?
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I showed this film to my girlfriend, and to cut a long story short I don't think she was impressed.
She didn't hate it, but I don't think she quite 'got it'. Maybe after a few more times she will, since I have been watching the film since I was about 7, and I definitely didn't get it back then, I just loved it!

Qualities of all people who love and understand BTiLC:
Intelligent, suave, beautiful, charismatic, cool, generally all round great awesome people...who quote Jack Burton lines far too much to ppl who don't know what they're talking about!

great thread
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget humble too! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember showing someone who hadn't seen it in years the letterboxed laserdisc and their one remark was, "I don't remember it being so small." Laughing
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been mixed. Nobody has really hated it, but alot of people were like "eh...whatever". One co-worker really loved it .... she rented it and watched it 3 times. Very Happy
AshRidesFast
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well..i think this is one of those movies that become sentimental..so to think someone new to it..will love it as much as you do..is not going to happen all the time. i grew up with this movie..and have loved it since day one. my best friend has seen part of it..and didn't think anything of it. so i think there's not much hope for people who haven't seen it already. but it is worth a try.
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshRidesFast wrote:
well..i think this is one of those movies that become sentimental..so to think someone new to it..will love it as much as you do..is not going to happen all the time. i grew up with this movie..and have loved it since day one. my best friend has seen part of it..and didn't think anything of it. so i think there's not much hope for people who haven't seen it already. but it is worth a try.

Yeah, I think that is definately part of it. BTILC caught my attention initially when I was in the theater for some other movie, and I saw the trailer. I remember thinking that it looked like a cool movie, but soon forgot about it. Then, it played on showtime about a billion times in the late 80's, and just out of boredom, I started watching it. Over time, it kept growing on me...so I recorded it, and watched it a bunch more times....and it became a bit of a minor obsession. I think if I'd seen it now for the first time ever, it might not have the same effect....but, who knows...
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wife just kind of rolls her eyes when we pop it in, but my daughter loves it, so i have passed the torch to the next generation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: