The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

music
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshRidesFast
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: music Reply with quote

what kinda music do yall listen to?! for me it's rock from all eras..mainly classic rock 60's-70's...80's hair metal ..some 90's. some bands i like.. judas preist, whitesnake, the doors, ac/dc, The Offspring, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Tom Petty, Scorpions, Ozzy, Oingo Boingo, Rush, Boston, Van Halen, Kix, Zebra, Blue Oyster Cult, 38 special, CCR. yall like any of them?
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oingo boingo? wasn't that george michaels band? oh, wait, that was wham! still, oingo boingo? Laughing

morningwood is the band dejour right now. don't think they'll be the most influencial band of the decade or anything, but still, i like 'em.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mike D
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oingo Boingo was Danny Elfman's band. Remember Danny Elfman? The movie soundtrack guy? One of the best of all time? Yeah, him.

Of Ashridesfast's list I'm most into CCR (I freakin love CCR), The Who, and Tom Petty. I've got to be in the right mood for Rush, but they're amazing.

Other than that some of my faves are Dave Brubeck, Kate Bush, Cocteau Twins, John Coltrane, Vanessa Daou, Hooverphonic, Love Spirals Downwards, Aimee Mann, Peter Murphy, Pearl Jam, Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sade, The Sundays, and They Might Be Giants. I can listen to the Rolling Stones' older stuff at any time. Lately I've been getting into The Faint and Dropkick Murphys.

Mike
AshRidesFast
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Mike i'm glad you knew who Oingo Boingo was...for those who might not they did the theme song for the movie Weird Science.
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pearl Jam

WOO HOO! my favourite band of all time. i'm and "old" grunge rocker fo' shizzle!

Nirvana of course, NIN before downward spiral, STP, Natacha Atlas (she's furrin', half turk-half english, does kinda dance/middle eastern beats), Old School Rolling Stones, TOOL (tho' i haven't bought a new album since aenima), B-52's (i know, how gay am i right?), violent femmes (getting gayer by the minute here Very Happy ), rage against the machine, GnR..... i don't know, i'm gettin' too old to keep track of all the shiat i like. especially since i kinda lost my love for music.....more into NPR these days (that's how you know i'm old!) Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Maiden anyone? Been playing and riffin the number of the beast for like the last 2 months.

I've been into hip hop from the beginning (well, almost) kinda lost the love for the new now cos pretty much everything coming out is a steaming pile and you have to look really deep to find anything worth listening to. Although have been listening to abit of old Biggie, Busta and Mobb Deep.

Oh and Alice in Chains. Rocked the early 90s.
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never could get into iron maiden.
-OldGeezerPan-
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, CCR, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, The Who, Billy Joel, Ray Charles... Lot's more.
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hendrix for sure, goes without sayin. same for zeppelin. anyone heard any son of dave tunes?
-OldGeezerPan-
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hendrix is my inspiration with guitar.
Mike D
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I likes me some grunge. I have very fond memories of grunge hitting big and changing the whole industry. In the late 80's and up until about '91 most of the music on the radio was really glossy, cookie-cutter dance stuff and increasingly derivative L.A. hair metal. (I like some hair metal, but only the cream of the crop...once you get to, say, Warrant, you hit the dregs really fast and it's a straight freefall from there.)

Then Nirvana broke, and it was like somebody took a pressure hose to the whole music industry. C&C Music Factory was washed away. Dangerous Toys was gone. No more Nelson, no more Gerardo, goodbye Trixter. Bands like Screaming Trees were getting airplay. It was pretty cool, and it just made me feel better about life in general.

It eventually went sour, of course. As the 90's wore on we went from Pearl Jam to Bush to Creed. That's just the way it goes, though, I guess; you start off with innovators, move on to copycats, and then to sub-copycats and the revolution turns into corporate sludge. Then all you can do is hope for another crop of innovators.

Mike
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's funny, i have a love hate relationship with bush......if you know what i mean Wink
creed sux great blue donkey balls
-OldGeezerPan-
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue donkey balls indeed.
Mike D
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashe wrote:
it's funny, i have a love hate relationship with bush......if you know what i mean

Yeah, I do. They had a couple of good songs. To me, though, they also kinda looked like the beginning of the end. As for Creed, Scott Stapp currently seems to be suffering some kind of cosmic justice for his part in it.

Mike
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They had a couple of good songs

that's not what i meant Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: