The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little china 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little china 2 Reply with quote

Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little china 2. Its a no frills website with my story on getting my script idea to Hollywood and the orginal script idea. Check it out and let me know what you think.
http://members.shaw.ca/bigtroubleinlittlechina/

Thanks
Ryan
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forum, Endworld! Smile

If you're serious about pushing the script to studio heads, might I suggest formatting the script to the standard Hollywood uses?

Click Here for link.

I use the same software; it's pricey but well worth it. From what I hear, the people in the business won't even look at a script if it's not set to "their" standards.

Baz

P.S. - Sorry if you already knew all this; just trying to help. Smile
P.P.S. - Also, try www.amazon.com for a cheaper price than the main site, too.
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll look into it. I have heard the same thing. The sad thing about the treatment I came up with is that 20th centry Fox didn't even want to look at it because I am not on their writers list and they don't accept unsolisited ideas. Thats really why I put it on the web hoping that someone might have a way of getting it to the right person. Well thanks for taking a look.

Bazooka Goof wrote:
Welcome to the Forum, Endworld! Smile

If you're serious about pushing the script to studio heads, might I suggest formatting the script to the standard Hollywood uses?

Click Here for link.

I use the same software; it's pricey but well worth it. From what I hear, the people in the business won't even look at a script if it's not set to "their" standards.

Baz

P.S. - Sorry if you already knew all this; just trying to help. Smile
P.P.S. - Also, try www.amazon.com for a cheaper price than the main site, too.
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little chi Reply with quote

Update on the web page check it out you might be surprised as to what is happening.
Thanks

endworld wrote:
Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little china 2. Its a no frills website with my story on getting my script idea to Hollywood and the orginal script idea. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks
Ryan
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little chi Reply with quote

Okay I don't know why but my web page is acting really stupid so here is the update

June 14, 2006 UPDATE

Alright everyone I have news. I have been in contact with the agent from Kurt Russell and he has expressed strong interest in my idea. Also I have been in contact with a producer in England who is friends with John Carpenter and he is also interested in making the movie. Can you believe I am only 2 degrees of separation from KR and JC. Its like my date with drew movie, you just got to keep on trying and hope you get to someone who knows who you are looking for. But here is the problem 20th century fox owns the rights to the movie so in order to get this movie made we need to either buy the rights or get enough money together to show the studios that it can be done. I have an idea though if you remember last year Enterprise was to be cancelled because of low interest in the TV show. Then a group of people got together and set up a site to promote keeping the show on, they even went so far as to start to raise funds through donation on pay pal with a guarantee that if the TV show did not stay on the air your money would be returned to you. I think we could do the same thing to get BTILC 2 made. Just think youíll be helping to make a dream a reality and will get to see you name in the credits at the end of the movie. Click on the pay pal link below and make your donation to endworld48@hotmail.com So come on everyone tell your friends and family tell your local radio stations, lets get the ball rolling and get the word out there. Remember the future of this project in now in your hands.

http://www.paypal.com/

endworld wrote:
Update on the web page check it out you might be surprised as to what is happening.
Thanks

endworld wrote:

Thanks
Ryan
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wary about this idea... showing public support is one thing, but directly soliciting funds is another. I don't think the financial burden of this project should rest on the fans.

If this is a film worthy of getting made, then the money will make itself available one way or another.
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: A reply Reply with quote

Josh Horowitz

Thanks for taking a look at my idea, it is always a pleasure to receive feedback from the true guru of BTILC. Man youíre my hero in your never ending quest to awaken people to one of the greats movies out there. I understand your leeriness in regards of my idea to solicit fans for money for my project. I guess in away it really my last ditch effort to get this movie launched. I am just frustrated with being so close to getting this film produced (considering that I have both Kurt Russell and John Carpenter interested in this movie) that I am desperate to find funding. I know I should just allow the movie to be made on its own merit but unfortunately I am one of those guys that just keep pushing on and hope for the best. I just want you to understand this is not the only way I am trying to get funds for this movie. I am currently applying to the Canadian Government for a grant and I am approaching Lions Gate entertainment for funding as well. What I am currently working on (funded by my own money) is a low budget trailer for this movie so I can show 20th century fox how cheap it would be (special effects wise) to pull this movie off. I am using a crew and actors that have been willing to donate their time to make it work. But itís not easy. Well Iíll keep this site posted as to what is happening and I always appreciate advice from you.
Take care,
Ryan

wingkong wrote:
I'm wary about this idea... showing public support is one thing, but directly soliciting funds is another. I don't think the financial burden of this project should rest on the fans.

If this is a film worthy of getting made, then the money will make itself available one way or another.
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little chi Reply with quote

GREAT NEWS!
A production company will raise the film budget for the sequel!

endworld wrote:

Thanks
Ryan
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little chi Reply with quote

Which production company? And wouldn't the film rights have to be acquired from 20th Century Fox / Carpenter?
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Come and check out my idea for big trouble in little chi Reply with quote

When I have finished negotiations with the production company I will release that name. I am working with a producer in England and his name is Anthony Quarterman. We still need to buy the rights for the film from 20th Century (John Carpenter does not own them) and we are looking into ways to generate funds. The production company will only fit the bill for the making of the movie and not the rights. Keep in mind this whole deal is riding on the ďrightsĒ but I am trying my best. What we could really use is exposure, if I can show 20th Century that I have a very strong interest with the fans and the fact I have gotten so much online for the project I hope that they might lease it to us for a percentage of the profits. But we really need to show that there will be profits and the only way that is going to happen is if every fan of BTILC around the world either buys the DVD, signs a petition indicating that they bought the DVD( at least 500 000people) or donate money to this movie( it only needs to be like 5 bucks) we just need to show the big wigs at the film companies that fans are serious about wanting this movie and are willing to spend 10.50 to go see it in the theatres or a the very least to buy the straight to DVD version. We need to make at least 5 times what is spent on making the movie since the first one bombed so badly. Another idea I had to generate hype for the movie is getting McFarlane Toys to make a line for BTILC and market the hell out of them to get not just the original fan base to be interested but also the younger generations. Well thatís all I really have to fill you in right now. I will post more info as things happen.
Take care,
Ryan

wingkong wrote:
Which production company? And wouldn't the film rights have to be acquired from 20th Century Fox / Carpenter?
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: check out my idea for big trouble in little china 2 Reply with quote

We are now in talks with Fox for the rights for Big Trouble In Little China. Wish us luck, I will post when we have more news
Carlito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Is this legit ?
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: fact not fiction Reply with quote

Yes it is, I am doing my best to get BTILC 2 made but remember we are still in talks and the best thing you can do to help is tell everyone you know. We need exposure and hype because when we get a green light everything is going to move fast and we need to show fox that they will make money on this project. Thanks for taking a look at my post.
Ryan

Carlito wrote:
Shocked

Is this legit ?
-OldGeezerPan-
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're telling the truth....
Then after it's made I will have to kiss you man... Excellant!
endworld
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Good bye Big Trouble In Little China 2 Reply with quote

August 6, 2006 Update

Alright everyone the fat lady has sung and Big Trouble in Little China is no more. I received word on my birthday that Fox will not loan, lease, or let us buy the rights to Big Trouble in Little China. I just canít believe that even with John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, a producer willing to put up 20 million from the project and still they said no. They do not work with outside projects and will only deal with in house people. Such small minded people to throw away a chance to make a great movie with no risk to them. So this is a message to anyone who wants to make a BTILC2 movie, unless you work for fox in the script writing department you will never get this movie made so donít waste your time. One day in the future Fox might come to their senses and produce a movie or TV series and I hope on that day it will happen, but it will not be this day. I think I might try to rework this movie into something else and who knows it still might have some life after all BTILC was suppose to be a sequel to Buckaroo Bonsai .Well I want to thank you all for your support, suggestion and good wishes and I want to say sorry to all those who wanted this to happened. I failed you all. I will be starting another project soon and if you are all interested leave me your email and Iíll keep you updated. Thanks again and remember dreams can only become real if you act on them.

Ryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: