The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible movie screw up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What the Hell!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Possible movie screw up? Reply with quote

Hey folks. First post on the forum but I've been visiting the site for years now. Even ordered a tshirt! Josh you rule!

I've been watching BTLC since I was about 8 years old. When I didn't have a copy of the movie I would always rent it. I remember I was so obcessed with the movie that I recorded the whole movie's audio with my Fisher Price cassette recorder and would listen to the tapes. I finally got a copy after my mother got sick of renting the same movie over and over again for me. So that's my BTLC nerd story Razz

Anyways, I had a question about a possible movie screw up in BTLC. I don't think it's been mentioned yet but I'm talking about the scene towards the end of the movie where Ching Die (sp) grabs Jack around the back of his neck and Jack drops the knife in pain. After he rolls Ching Die over, Jack and Gracie escape into the elevator. The part that puzzles me is that after they run into the elevator, Jack turns around and acts as though he's about to stab someone with his knife, but no one is there.

Why on earth would Jack do this?
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible movie screw up? Reply with quote

Hmmm... not sure. Perhaps an omitted scene led up to that?

Oh, and the monster thing isn't Ching Dai... he's known as the "Chinese Wild Man" in the script, a monster from Chinese folklore. Ching Dai is the "God of the East" who commanded Lo Pan to do all the "Big Trouble." You never see him, though.
What the Hell!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok. For all these years I thought Lo Pan was sacrificing the girl for the Chinese Mad Man. That didn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.
-OldGeezerPan-
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, there's a mind blower.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible movie screw up? Reply with quote

What the Hell! wrote:
Why on earth would Jack do this?

Here's a theory- Jack's already been attacked from behind, so now he's wary and isn't going to fall for the same trick twice. So, he gets into the elevator and immediately assumes a fighting guard to prevent another back-attack.

Something else I noticed- Kim Cattrall pulls up her wedding dress to kick the Chinese Wild Man- and boy, did she have nice legs! Shocked Very Happy
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good theory. Goodbye Mr. Goof. Laughing
Mike D
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible movie screw up? Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
Something else I noticed- Kim Cattrall pulls up her wedding dress to kick the Chinese Wild Man- and boy, did she have nice legs!

You know what else? It's 20 years later and she's still gorgeous!

Mike
AshRidesFast
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: