The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just for amusement...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miang
Wingkong Elite with White Goggles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Just for amusement... Reply with quote

Not much to say about this.
Some of us have too much free time on our hands...
and Jack Burton could only dream about this pose. Wink

Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Miang! Smile

(and I'm not even going to comment on the pic...!)
Miang

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww...
But there was one of the security guys who couldn't stop watching the hair brushing that went on before the picture... and then enjoyed watching the girls touching girls thing...
Oh. and that was the second time that pose had to be done. The first one wasn't good enough.:>
Oh. and there was someone who wanted to dress as Jack for the Con, but couldn't find the T-Shirt anywhere. Pointed him to wingkong.Smile Next year there will most likely be a Jack Burton to go along with the Snake Plisskin that I saw running around.

Thanks for the welcome. Smile Still lurking a bit, due to work issues.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miang wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. Smile Still lurking a bit, due to work issues.

You haven't missed much action around here lately; it's actually been a bit placid...

...but I'm sure a storm is brewing around the corner! Wink

Interestingly enough, I've only been to a few comic-book conventions (back in the late 80's, and they were small ones) and I've never seen females there. This was back when comic books (sorry, graphic novels) were exclusive to geeks only. Now everyone is welcome these days, it seems... Wink
El_Pierco
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Con were you at??
Miang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was at Dragon*Con in Atlanta.
Science Fiction/Fantasy convention-- And there were a lot of females there. Wink
You would think there were no men, from some of the butt and cleavege shots that I keep seeing in photo albums.Smile
And.. I'm just a gamer geek. Smile
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miang wrote:
This was at Dragon*Con in Atlanta.
Science Fiction/Fantasy convention-- And there were a lot of females there. Wink
You would think there were no men, from some of the butt and cleavege shots that I keep seeing in photo albums.Smile
And.. I'm just a gamer geek. Smile

Hi Miang!

Always great to see folks send in pictures wearing the shirts!
El_Pierco
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome, I was at DragonCon last weekend as well! I can't believe I didnt spot a Jack Burton there! That has to be one of the most fun conventions. Any highlights from your trip down there aside from the afore mentioned picture of course?
Miang

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem, Josh. I'm thinking about making a card with the website on it for when I wear the shirt to a con, so I can point the people who ask about it to your site. There were a few people who asked at each con.Wink

And I only wore the T-shirt on Friday. Smile I was mostly chasing around with my friends (ie. the lovely young lady attatched to my leg in the photo) so there were a couple of times that I wasn't even in the Con hotels.

Saturday I looked like:

I don't have a picture of my outfit for Sunday -- someone took a picture of me with a friend who was dressed as a character from Revolutionary Girl Utena (?) -- but it was with the same mask.Smile
Monday I was plain ol' me.

As for highlights... My friend did manage to yell 'Who are you??' at Ray Parks during the parade.Smile Played a lot of Munchkin (in the Mariott, I think it was, until about 2 am) and hit a few of the writing track workshops...
Oh. And during Iron Artist and Robot Battles, hung out with my good friends-- who were very good at heckling the hosts.Smile
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think of it, did security give you any trouble about the machinegun? I know some guys that dress as Indiana Jones, and they're always concerned about their revolvers & whips being confiscated at these conventions. (Moreso the guns; replica revolvers are harder to come by...) Smile
Miang

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have any problems with security, mostly because it actually belongs to a friend of mine. One of the Umbrella troops that was in the parade. Fox brigade, or something like that.
He actually kept it holstered most of the time-- especially while he had to go around the uniformed officers. The only time he ever really took it out of the hotel was when they were in the parade. Didn't try to cause trouble.
There was nothing to indicate that it wasn't a real one, he and another friend had a long discussion about it, while I borrowed the piece. Figure that we weren't causing trouble with it, so Security left us alone.
And considering that they had not one, but two people dressed as Zorro in the parade, and both were cracking whips... and six or seven replicas of Indiana Jones skittering about... I doubt the whip would be confiscated.
As for a pistol, if it can actually fire bullets... they might have a problem. There's rules and regs for everything-- sometimes they have people peacebond the real weapons. (Swords).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: