The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

His Best Movie ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> John Carpenter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is JC's best movie ?
Big Trouble in Little China
89%
 89%  [ 25 ]
Fog
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Halloween
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ghosts of Mars
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Memoirs of an Invisible Man
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Starman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
They Live
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Escape from New York
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Tyler!

They Live is another great Carpenter flick, although I think most fans prefer BTiLC only because they like the more upbeat comedic aspect that the film has. Otherwise, the two share similar traits, such as great lines, an average Joe being thrown into a bizarre situation, atmospheric music and slick production value. Cool

Oh, and sorry about the one censored line ("a$$") We had an enormous problem with spammers a while back and cranked the word censor to the max to defeat them.
Tyler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: The Thing Reply with quote

Didn't Carpenter do a remake of the 'The Thing From Outer Space'? I have the old and new versions because both are very different.

When it comes to horror films and Paranoia that flick is pretty darn good.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: The Thing Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Didn't Carpenter do a remake of the 'The Thing From Outer Space'? I have the old and new versions because both are very different.

When it comes to horror films and Paranoia that flick is pretty darn good.

Here is the very movie you're talking about:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

For some reason, it was left off the list (along with a few others) it's another Carpenter great (and if you ever get the chance, watch the movie with the audio commentary by Carpenter & Russell turned on.)

I've seen the original, and I prefer Carpenter's version. (big surprise there...) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> John Carpenter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: