The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Own Film
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
Way to go Bazooka, good luck with distribution.

If I hear anything more, I'll post an update in this thread (since its original owner seems to have vacated the premises.) Wink
Jay The Showstealer Sean
Jay
Jay

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baz, That awsome dude! I didnt know... i wish you all the best with it. I hope you get the deal.

Its about time we had some original movie ideas released instead of all these re-boots/re-imagination hollywood seems to be making these days it's a remake people!! I dont care how you jazz it up!!

Sorry had get that of my chest there too many classic that due to get ruined!
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay The Showstealer Sean wrote:
Baz, That awsome dude! I didnt know... i wish you all the best with it. I hope you get the deal.

Its about time we had some original movie ideas released instead of all these re-boots/re-imagination hollywood seems to be making these days it's a remake people!! I dont care how you jazz it up!!

Sorry had get that of my chest there too many classic that due to get ruined!

Thanks, Jay! Very Happy

I've been mostly quiet about it here- I was keeping an update on a few other forums, but decided that I'd make a thread on it here if I got close to finalizing it. (The other people on the other forums have been waiting a long while...) Wink

I too am sick of remakes; I generally don't bother with them. I think there's still plenty of great ideas out there, but Hollywood won't dare take a chance if they can find the lowest common denominator.

My own film initially cost about $10,000 (certain expenditures have driven that up several thousand lately) but still, I should think if your script & actors are good, you don't need to spend hundreds of millions on the budget.

Hell, Robert Rodriguez started out with a $7,000 movie and where is he now? He's got his own studio, his own equipment, writes his own scripts, is a millionaire and screws actresses for a hobby.

God, I hate that guy. Wink
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, FINALLY another update- we sealed the deal, and my movie "The Uninvited" will be available to the public sometime in late May or early June, to the best of my knowledge. (It's kinda out of my hands at this point.)

We've spent the last two weeks getting materials ready for delivery to the distributor, and apart from some legal documents, they're ready to begin marketing (which takes about two months, give or take a week)

One caveat- we shot the movie in HDV, which is formatted for 16:9 TVs, and encoded the audio in Dolby 5.1 Surround sound... but the distributor wanted the movie panned & scanned for 4:3 TVs (the old square ones, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about.) and the audio is downmixed to only stereo.

Hopefully they will retain these qualities for the DVD, but I don't know at this point. I did want to mention this in case anyone here watches the movie and comments, "Don't you know how the hell to operate a camera?" Wink
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bazook. Sounds like you are almost there.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interview for The Indie Fest is up!

Click Here
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome Bazook, sounds like they loved the film. Also nice to hear you had so much fun doing it.

I like your line about forgetting your problems for 2 hours. That is why I became an actor. I always said I wanted to be able to give that to people.

Like minds.

Good luck pal. I hope you get distribution.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that Bazooka Goof was an indie filmmaker, but I had no idea that you were an actor, Ninjahero! What kind of stuff do you do?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I moved to this horrible city of Los Angeles 9 years ago to be an actor. At the time I was really into martial arts and comedy. My goal was to be the next Jackie Chan....only a white dude. Hollywood wasn't interested.

Now I mostly write and do voice-over work. I finished my first cartoon last August. I think I through it up on this site.

Perhaps one day I can star in Bazooka's remake of BTiLC.....lol
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the cartoon about the holiday guys. What martial arts do you like?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all martial arts. I studied primarily Wushu in my life. It's very flashy and good for the camera. Also Karate and Aikido briefly.
Miang
Wingkong Elite with White Goggles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied theatre because I wanted to entertain people, I thought. My handicaps made it difficult to get parts in the acting track, and while I finished the degree program, I never went anywhere with it.
Now I just entertain a few fellow fans with some fic.

I'd just say congratulations to Bazooka for sticking with his film, and getting recognition. Smile

(Also would say Congrats to Ninjahero for making a better effort than I did. But seriously dude. Cartoons. Very cool job. Very Happy)
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear things didn't work out the way you wanted with Theater Miang. Hopefully you have found many other creative outlets that you enjoy.

And thanks for the cool cartoons remark. I will have my own studio one day.

And I agree, Congrats to Bazooka for finishing his film. Sorry Bazooka, I feel like I highjacked your thread.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wushu is fun. I also did Aikido briefly but when I was about 9. My main training has been in Tai Chi and self taught freestyle.
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Tai Chi. I only took a class or two, but the concept is awesome. Unfortunately I am very picky about teachers. Ironically my Wushu teacher was actually renowned for his Tai Chi teaching. And I never took advantage. Such is life...lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Anything Else All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: