The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was Thunder's Death Always So Gassy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Wukong
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Was Thunder's Death Always So Gassy? Reply with quote

Ever since the original film, I thought that Thunder's death was more jokey than the rest... was there originally a different, more combat oriented death planned, or was it always the "exploding man"?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could tell you, but I honestly don't know... but I do have a theory that the "exploding man" was probably planned from the start- the fact that we see Thunder do this earlier in the film possibly indicates that this is a setup for what will eventually happen to him.

If he simply inflated & burst at the end, the audiences would have been scratching their heads going, "WTF?" - so the scene with him inflating & knocking Jack into the wheelchair provides that clue for the audience.

My two cents' take on it. Smile
Sun Wukong
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... it certainly can seem like an allusion in the earlier scene, but there is something about it that seems wonky still... maybe it's just that the effect doesn't quite come off, but there wasn't time/money to fix it. OIr maybe I just wanted to see Thunder get a chance to really cut loose fighting-wise.

It's the only thing I find to be a bother in the entire film.
theporkchopexpress
Porkchop
Porkchop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe if he adnt pulled that knife, he wouldnt have popped himself

personally, i would have liked to see him flying around like an untied balloon farting around the room
FJMcCloud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theporkchopexpress wrote:

personally, i would have liked to see him flying around like an untied balloon farting around the room

Hey, he did that in the elevator already. Unless that was his special imported cigar. Wink He looked so happy. Smile (Also this is my vote for the most embarassing moment thread.)

I always thought his explosion was a result of the 6 demon bag.
After all, why waste demon gems on mere explosions when a grenade would do just as well? Surely those gems cast curses as well (like the monster in the bog of the dead trees--it will come out no more!). Wind. Fire. All that kind of thing! Guess Thunder got some extra wind. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: