The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theory on the Storms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Wukong
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Theory on the Storms Reply with quote

My theory?

The Three Storms aren't fully the gods of Thunder, Lightning and Rain, but they are aspects nature given human form by Lo Pan when he was still a living wizard.

Rain was killed by Wang, straight up - he doesn't quite fit my tyheory. Later though Thunder exploded in part due to his rage, and in part because he was returning to his natural form of the sound of thunder. Similiarly, Lightning was losing control (hence the almost non-stop lightning at the end) but when the statue was dropped on him, he lost complete control and returned to pure lightning.

Does this sound reasonable? And leave things open for a future return in a spin-off? Or doe you have your own pet theory concerning the Terrible Trio?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're speculating on Chinese mythology, so as long as we don't suggest anything too wild, I don't see how there could be wrong answers! Very Happy

In any case, if the storms are just forces of nature, I don't see why someone couldn't summon them and employ them as a force for good. Excuse the term, but really, they're just tools. It's simply how you use it.
Miang
Wingkong Elite with White Goggles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
We're speculating on Chinese mythology, so as long as we don't suggest anything too wild, I don't see how there could be wrong answers! Very Happy

In any case, if the storms are just forces of nature, I don't see why someone couldn't summon them and employ them as a force for good. Excuse the term, but really, they're just tools. It's simply how you use it.

*giggle*
How much Chinese mythology have you read?Smile
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miang wrote:

No particular book comes to mind, but I've read quite a few. Also, I've hung around a few people that have studied it intensively, and of course, my old lady is Chinese, so it's been pretty hard to get away from it! Laughing
Miang
Wingkong Elite with White Goggles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
Miang wrote:

No particular book comes to mind, but I've read quite a few. Also, I've hung around a few people that have studied it intensively, and of course, my old lady is Chinese, so it's been pretty hard to get away from it! Laughing

heh... there's some pretty far out stuff there.Smile
anyhow. hope your holiday is good.;D
Keith
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Theory on the Storms Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
Does this sound reasonable? And leave things open for a future return in a spin-off? Or doe you have your own pet theory concerning the Terrible Trio?

I say they were gods (or at least demons), and our heros were only able to vanquish them because they drank Egg's magic potion: see things no one else can see, do things no one else can do ...
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Theory on the Storms Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
see things no one else can see, do things no one else can do ...

Real things?
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Theory on the Storms Reply with quote

Lo Pan wrote:

Real things?

As real as Lo Pan!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denton wrote:
As real as Lo Pan!

Hey, what more can a guy ask for!

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: