The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Game!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Game! Reply with quote

Hey everyone, after reading the “favorite quotes” thread, I was thinking to myself: “man, there are just so many, that I would have to reproduce the whole script”. Then I got to thinking that might be a fun thing for the forum – to see how much of the script us I insist that you ban me A.S.A.P. fans can reproduce from memory. We would essentially write out the entire script, piece by piece, and post by post, from our collective memories. That is, we start at the beginning of the movie, and each person picks up where the last person left off.

Now, obviously, this is a pretty small forum, so this idea may die a quick death, but I figure there are enough I insist that you ban me A.S.A.P. fans here, that it just may work. So here are the rules of the game:

RULE #1: NO USING THE INTERNET! The idea is to produce as much FROM MEMORY as possible – and it will also be fun to catch and correct other people’s mistakes/omissions. Just looking up the answer takes the fun out of it. And obviously, don’t go get the answers by looking up the scene in the movie either.

2) Let us know when you are switching scenes. Something like (NEXT SCENE: Back at the restaurant) or something.

3) Make it obvious who is talking. For example:

Jack: No horseshit Wang?

Wang: No horseshit Jack…..

4) Don’t do too much at once …. If you do half the script in one post (or sometimes even one entire scene), it will end the game too fast and also make the game not as much fun for everyone. Just do a few lines of dialog.

5) If somebody makes a mistake on the dialogue, you can correct them in your post. For example:

Poster #1 writes:
Jack: That big meanie in that cool car must pay!

Poster # 2 quotes poster #1 and then writes:
CORRECTION: Son of a bitch must pay!

6) If somebody skips an entire scene, then post the correct scene, and we’ll pick up fresh from the correct scene.

7) If you feel like commenting on a particular scene, or dialogue, feel free to do so – But separate that out from the script by using the word COMMENT: Like this:

Jack: I was born ready.

COMMENT: This is my favorite line from the movie.

Other things: You can be as detailed as you want about scene, but at the very least, you have to reproduce the dialogue. However, the more detail, the better.

Obviously, some scenes don’t lend themselves well to dialogue or script (for example: the Fantan scene where everyone is screaming at once, and half of it is in Chinese)….you can just describe those scenes, but if you know the dialogue, post that too!

I can’t really think of anything else – If there are any other rules or suggestions people have, feel free to post them! If everyone thinks it is a good suggestion, I will add it to this top post.

But remember, this is supposed from MEMORY …. It is OK to get something wrong, that is part of the fun….and it is also fun to see if we can catch any of the mistakes.

NEW RULE! Submitted by Ashe Nov. 27

Once you start playing this game you are not allowed to watch the film until the game is done, not even a little bit!

Last edited by Lo Pan on Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK -- I'll start off Cool

You can do more dialog than this -- I just want to do enough to get things started.

SCENE: Egg Shen in a lawyers office. A secretary is busily typing away in the background.

Lawyer: What I'd like to do today is get your version of what happened.

Egg Shen: You mean the TRUTH!

Lawyer: Of course!

(Ok...next poster continues from here...).
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox Logo appears

Egg Shen in a lawyers office. A secretary is busily typing away in the background.

Lawyer: (flatly) Of course.

Lawyer: Could you please state your name and occupation.

Egg: Egg Shen, Bus Driver.

Lawyer: Bus driver? What kind of bus and where?

Egg: Tour bus, bus for tourists, san fransisco china town.

Lawyer: Now, before we get to the meat of this, do have any knowledge at the present time, of the where-abouts of mr. jack burton or his truck.

Egg: Oh god, would you leave him alone.

Lawyer: Mr. Shen please, you could be in a great deal of trouble....

Egg: You leave jack burton alone! he showed great courage, we are in his debt.

i'm missing the part about the half a city block, green flame, dangerous man....can't remember where that dialogue goes....someone elses turn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new rule! once you start playing this game you are not allowed to watch the film until the game is done, not even a little bit!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh...Pretty good Asche! I think I know what comes next, and where the "half a city block" comes in!

[quote="ashe"]Fox Logo appears

Egg Shen in a lawyers office. A secretary is busily typing away in the background.

Lawyer: Now, before we get to the meat of this, do have any knowledge at the present time, of the where-abouts of mr. jack burton or his truck.

Lawyer: Mr. Shen please, you could be in a great deal of trouble....half a city block explodes in a ball of green flame ....GREEN FLAME....All hell is breaking loose here....and there are people who say that you're involved...that you are a very dangerous man. Now, if you are protecting Jack Burton....

Lawyer: Ok...but if I am going to be your attorney, there are a few things that I need to understand that still don't make any sense to me..such as...do you really believe in magic?

Egg: You mean Chinese Black Magic?

Lawyer: (sighs)...yes.

Egg: Oh absolutely.

Lawyer: Are you still serious about this? ...and ghosts, demons....

Egg: ...and sorcery.

Lawyer: And I suppose you expect me to believe in sorcery as well.

Egg: Of course!

Lawyer: Why?

Egg: Because its real!

Lawyer: How can I know that Mr. Shen?

Egg: How?

Lawyer: Yes, how? Help me out here....

Egg: (Looks confused for a few seconds before a knowing smile appears on his face).

Egg puts his hands together in front of his face. He gradually moves them apart and as he does, lightening flashes between his outstretched hands. The lawyer just stares, completely dumbfounded.

Egg: You see? That was nothing...but that is how it always begins...very small.
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kudos Lo Pan... well remembered... and now for the title scene (see below)

[quote="Lo Pan"]Heh heh...Pretty good Asche! I think I know what comes next, and where the "half a city block" comes in!

ashe wrote:
Fox Logo appears

Lawyer: Mr. Shen please, you could be in a great deal of trouble....half a city block explodes in a ball of green flame ....GREEN FLAME....All hell is breaking loose here....and there are people who say that you're involved...that you are a very dangerous man. Now, if you are protecting Jack Burton....

Lawyer: Ok...but if I am going to be your attorney, there are a few things that I need to understand that still don't make any sense to me..such as...do you really believe in magic?

Egg: You mean Chinese Black Magic?

Lawyer: (sighs)...yes.

Egg: Oh absolutely.

Lawyer: Are you still serious about this? ...and ghosts, demons....

Egg: ...and sorcery.

Lawyer: And I suppose you expect me to believe in sorcery as well.

Egg: Of course!

Lawyer: Why?

Egg: Because its real!

Lawyer: How can I know that Mr. Shen?

Egg: How?

Lawyer: Yes, how? Help me out here....

Egg: (Looks confused for a few seconds before a knowing smile appears on his face).

Egg puts his hands together in front of his face. He gradually moves them apart and as he does, lightening flashes between his outstretched hands. The lawyer just stares, completely dumbfounded.

Egg: You see? That was nothing...but that is how it always begins...very small.

The Pork Chop Express is seen in the distance, making it's way towards the screen (intro to title music in the background)...
...and wham! The Pork Chop Express drives past the front of the screen, the title logo appearing in your face, together with the theme music..."de ne daaa, de ne daa, de ne daaa, de ne daa"!

Roll on Jack's monologue "This is Jack Burton on the Pork Chop Express..." Very Happy
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah.....
i'm out man, i've wathed it like at least four times since i posted on this thread. Very Happy Embarassed Shocked
Dragon of the Black Pool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Pork Chop Express is seen in the distance, making it's way towards the screen (intro to title music in the background)...
...and wham! The Pork Chop Express drives past the front of the screen, the title logo appearing in your face, together with the theme music..."de ne daaa, de ne daa, de ne daaa, de ne daa"!

DONT FORGET THE BEGINNING OF THE
NEXT SCENE:
SYNTH SNARE DRUMA! CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashe wrote:
yeah.....
i'm out man, i've wathed it like at least four times since i posted on this thread. Very Happy Embarassed Shocked

Ha ha....that's ok man. It isn't like you are watching specific scenes and then immediately coming here to transcribe them. Feel free to add stuff whenever you want Very Happy
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ching t'i wrote:

Roll on Jack's monologue "This is Jack Burton on the Pork Chop Express..." Very Happy

Continuing....

Jack picks up the receiver end of his CB and starts blathering.....

Jack: This is Jack Burton and the Pork Chop Express and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there. Ya see...Its like I told my last wife, I says honey, I never drive faster'n I can see and besides that its all in the reflexes!

Jack takes another bite of some god-awful ham sandwich as he continues barrelling down the narrow highway on a dark and stormy night. (Credits are rolling).

Jack: You just listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express and take his advice on a dark and stormy night alright.....When some wild-eyed 8-foot tall maniac grabs you by the neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against a barroom wall, looks ya crooked in the eye and he asks ya if you've paid your dues.....Well, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye you and remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that. Have you paid YOUR dues Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.

Jack: Look, I'm not sayin' that I've been everywhere...or done everything...but I do know that this is a pretty amazing planet we live on here....a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to thing we're all alone in THIS universe!

To be continued....

Last edited by Lo Pan on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ashe
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pan to shot of golden gate bridge, then to dock side, heavy rain, a black man inspects some bok choy then puts it back, the pork chop express rolls in. we see jack talking to someone (still eating).

jump to new shot, jack is sitting across a table from wang, several other chinese are seated at the table as well. all are gambling and excited.

jack"one more, one more, one more...two, three, ha ha!" all yell.

dealer rings a porcelin bowl with a chopstick: "hop, hop, hop!" (speaking cantonese)

(i'm missing something here)

Jack: "heavan and earth boys, what can i tell ya?"

dealer mumbles someting and gathers his things.

Jack: "what did he say wang...in english?"

Wang: "something about begginers luck, it doesn't translate,...but he quits."

Jack: "what?! it's a brand new day and the man's still got a hundred bucks in his pocket! well i'm not gonna complain cos i'll bet i woulda lost my shirt in the next five minutes. i guess the next time i'm down here you boys'll gang up on ol' jack so fast he won't know what the hell happened"

Wang: "no"

Jack: "ah shure, easy come, easy go eh wang?"

Wang, slamming a machette into the table "no!" pause "not next time....now"

Jack: "is this gonna get ugly now, huh? i hope not, cos what i thought we were here, racial differences not withstanding, is just a couple of old freinds, you know, both of us just californians"

Wang: "nothin' or double, this knife cuts this bottle in half"

Jack Scoffs

Wang "how 'bout it jack, nothin' or double?"

Jack" "wang, man, don't be stupid, i got near a thousand bucks here"

Wang "1, 148 Jack"

Jack (i'm missing jacks next line)

Wang"i need the money...."

Jack, tidy-ing the money and tossing it in "alright, but not that bottle" jack takes wangs bottle and chugs the last of his own beer. "this bottle" and slids it to wang.

Wang smiles "okay"

Jack "your out of your mind wang!" he slams his hand down "god bless ya!" and laughs

wang looks cocky as he situates the bottle. he calms himself for a moment and then slams the knife down, sticking it into the table and sends the bottle flying into the air directly towards jacks face. jack cacthes the bottle in mid air, and wang looks surprised.

Jack, looking "too cool for school": "it's all in the reflexes"

Wang, still looking confused: "it always works at home"

Jack: "yeah, well, have me over for dinner some year and prove it. in the mean time pay up, 1,148 bucks times two!"

Wang: "hey i don't have that kind of money"

Jack: "yeah, i didn't hear that wang"

Wang: "hey, i'm just a po' ol' chinese boy"

Jacl "yeah, you own a resturant, that's a hell of a lot more than me"

Wang: "oh yeah...hey, what i meant was...i don't have that kind of money on me"

Jack:"That's what i though you meant, now where's your truck parked?"

that's 'nuff
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Ashe -- Good memory! There is one piece of dialog I left out prior to your scene (I edited my earlier post to include it):

So whoever goes next....start at the end of Ashe's scene! Very Happy
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this part a little bit differently, but I am not sure if I am totally right though....but I'll post it anyway. Very Happy

ashe wrote:

Jack: "is this gonna get ugly now, huh? i hope not, cos what i thought we were here, racial differences not withstanding, is just a couple of old freinds, you know, both of us just californians"

Jack Scoffs

Jack" "wang, man, don't be stupid, i got near a thousand bucks here"

Wang "1, 148 Jack"

Jack (i'm missing jacks next line)

Wang"i need the money...."

Wang slams the bottle down on the table....

Jack: Aww sh!t Wang, its only a game.

Jack Scoffs: Bullshit.

Jack "why man, don't be stupid.....

Wang: Cuz I need the money.

Jack: I got near a thousand bucks here Wang.

Wang "1, 148 Jack"

Jack, tidy-ing the money and tossing it in "alright, but not that bottle" jack takes wangs bottle and chugs the last of his own beer. "this bottle" and slids it to wang.

But everything after this is the same way I remember it! Cool
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one little thing wang says....

Quote:
jump to new shot, jack is sitting across a table from wang, several other chinese are seated at the table as well. all are gambling and excited.

wang (as he slams down cash on the table) "even, even!"

Quote:
jack"one more, one more, one more...two, three, ha ha!" all yell.

hey I know that's being pretty picky, amazingly remembered though ashe and lo pan![/quote]
ching t'i
Ching T'i
Ching T'i

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carrying on from

Quote:
Jack:"That's what i though you meant, now where's your truck parked?"

Wang: Jack first I gotta go somehere

Jack: Nah you don't

Wang: Yeh I do. How about we meet at my restaurant later, I pay the money then

Jack, interrupting: You pay the money now! Where you gotta go?

Wang: The airport.

Jack: Yeah right over my dead body.

Wang (plainly): If need be.

(Jack gives him a wierd look, looks a little worried Very Happy )

Jack: I'll follow ya.

Wang: You don't trust me after all these years Jack? That reminds me of an old Chinese saying...

Jack interrupting: save it I'll give you a lift!

Wang: But you were gonna follow me Jack?!?

Jack: Yeah I know, but then I came to my senses!

That's me done, roll on the next scene... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: