The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Met RAIN!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Third Storm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: I Met RAIN!! Reply with quote

I was at a party in west LA last night and low and behold I met Rain himself, Peter Kwong. Turns out he's a really cool guy, and he lives out here in Hollywood in the real Lopan's old house. He mentioned he is still tight with James Hong. Kwong is still acting in TV and plays.

As for the inside trivia you guys probably love, he mentioned it was his idea for Rain to have long flowing hair like a traditional Chinese warrior and he sold the idea to Carpenter. Otherwise, Rain might have been like the other two storms who chose to have a more contemporary look. We joked about his one line in the movie "YOU ARE NOWHERE." He agreed with me that the promotion for the movie sucked, and confusion between BTILC and other movies out around that time also probably hurt it at the box office. Interestingly, to prove my knowlege of the film, he asked me to quote what happened to be my favorite scene in the movie, the potion drinking scene, and I botched the lines. Under pressure, I forgot Wang's first line "here's to the Army and Navy and the Battles they have won" but I remembered, "here's to America's colors, the colors that never run" and " may the wings of liberty never lose a feather." He didn't rub it in.

Btw, I thought it would be of most interest to you guys that Rain is aware of this site, and I'm sure he must visit here. In fact, I discovered this when I was talking about it being such a huge cooincidence that I met him less than a week after I had a revived interest in the movie and found a forum about it on the web. He said "oh, you mean the Wing Kong Exchange," ... I was like WTF? So "WATCH OUT GUYS," you never know who's reading. Maybe John Carpenter himself might have found this place?
Lo Pan
Storm Level 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? Oh man, that is awesome. That would be the shiat if he actually posted a few things here.

That is pretty cool that he knows all the lines of the movie so well .... maybe he should go down and finish up my "forum game" thread below just to see how good he really is Smile

Another cool Rain moment: Jack acts all badass and swaggers on over to rain and gives him his best shot. Jack punches him in the face twice, which much to his chagrin, has no effect. Rain then shows ol' Jack the business end of his size 12's which sends our hero flying through the air only to painfully crash to the ground in a crumpled heap.

Great scene!
JACKs BTILC
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is so cool, Rain's final fight with Wang Chi was one of my favorite scenes.

Cool
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I Met RAIN!! Reply with quote

The Third Storm wrote:
Btw, I thought it would be of most interest to you guys that Rain is aware of this site, and I'm sure he must visit here. In fact, I discovered this when I was talking about it being such a huge cooincidence that I met him less than a week after I had a revived interest in the movie and found a forum about it on the web. He said "oh, you mean the Wing Kong Exchange," ... I was like WTF? So "WATCH OUT GUYS," you never know who's reading. Maybe John Carpenter himself might have found this place?

It's always amusing to find out that larger-than-life icons occasionally browse the halls meant for mere mortals such as ourselves. Usually, I'm under the impression that they wouldn't bother, but then again I also imagine they get bored counting their piles of money and wonder if anyone out there is talking about them, so they peek in on places where they are worshipped & adored. Laughing Cool
The Third Storm

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On interviews a lot of celebrities talk about browsing the web to see what people are saying about them. And the ones that say they don't are lying! It's kind of like the subject of self gratification (The M word is banned).

Btw, I just remembered I mentioned my handle "The Third Storm" to Peter Kwong, and he asked "The FOURTH Storm?" and I realized that would have been a cooler name, actually.
lazerpointernerd
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude. did ya get any pictures? you should upload 'em if you did.
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I Met RAIN!! Reply with quote

The Third Storm wrote:

Great post. I'm happy to hear that some of the folks associated with the film are indeed aware of the site.
Sun Wukong
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great thing. Maybe he's reading now???

I wonder what his take on his final fight was - did he feel like he got punked by Dennis Dun, or was it the potion that allowed him to see things that no one else can see that was all the difference in that fight?
LuCiFeRsHaL0
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lo Pan wrote:
Seriously? Oh man, that is awesome. That would be the shiat if he actually posted a few things here.

That is pretty cool that he knows all the lines of the movie so well .... maybe he should go down and finish up my "forum game" thread below just to see how good he really is Smile

Another cool Rain moment: Jack acts all badass and swaggers on over to rain and gives him his best shot. Jack punches him in the face twice, which much to his chagrin, has no effect. Rain then shows ol' Jack the business end of his size 12's which sends our hero flying through the air only to painfully crash to the ground in a crumpled heap.

Great scene!

Yeah it was funny when right after he finishes punching him the like has this funny smile and nods before getting his butt kicked in the air.
LuCiFeRsHaL0
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would have to have legendary status on the site for sure. God we need a convention for this film!
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name Badges wrote:
Truly agree with the comments posted by The Third Strom. your information has really made me think about this.. i have been looking for so many related topics like this

Look elsewhere, spammer- you've been BANNED.

And because it's relevant:

"Badges? We no need no stinkin' Badges!"

Twisted Evil
LuCiFeRsHaL0
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: hahahah Reply with quote

I'm assuming he's going to be skinned alive!
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Hell of Misspelled Name Badges. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: