The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Trouble In Little China Ending
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J5550123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Big Trouble In Little China Ending Reply with quote

Hey what do you guys think happens at the end of the movie? I mean what do you think happens to Jack because the monster is in the back of his truck?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Welcome to the boards, J5550123!) Very Happy

I thought we had a thread on that somewhere, but I can't find it!

Anyway, I think it's meant to be ambiguous, because Burton's missing at the start of the movie- the authorities are questioning Egg about it.

It would leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth if they just came out and said, "Jack's dead." The whole movie is so much fun, it would really put a sour note on things to include that.

Depending on your perspective, you could say that he probably got iced by the Chinese Wild Man, if you believe his luck finally ran out.

Or, you could consider the possibility that perhaps Jack was still on the run from Lo Pan's minion when the authorities were looking for him. Who knows? Maybe the monster was chasing him around the countryside for weeks in a deadly cat & mouse game.

Or, Jack took the brute out (I would have liked to see that) and decided to go into hiding deliberately until the storm blew over, so to speak.

It's all up to the viewer- unless they actually do come out with a sequel one of these days (unlikely, but what the hell...) Wink
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They went out for coffee after an intial misunderstanding. Old Hairy ain't such a bad guy once you get to know him, he just fell in with the wrong crowd. Smile
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Wild Man Reply with quote

The Hairy beast was actually just catching a ride to get away from those bad criminal influences in his life. He was a good man on the inside.

Jack and Harry became good friends. They now live together in a split level condo just below Seattle. They like coffee and bagels. There is word of their own spin off movie.

Harry and the Burtons.......
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vakanain wrote:
They went out for coffee after an intial misunderstanding. Old Hairy ain't such a bad guy once you get to know him, he just fell in with the wrong crowd. Smile

Ninjahero wrote:
The Hairy beast was actually just catching a ride to get away from those bad criminal influences in his life. He was a good man on the inside.

Jack and Harry became good friends. They now live together in a split level condo just below Seattle. They like coffee and bagels. There is word of their own spin off movie.

Harry and the Burtons.......

I have GOT to stop taking these questions so seriously... Laughing
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:

Well, it is always nice to have a serious answer. Which brings up the question, of the two, who would be the straight man (comedic meaning) Hairy or Jack? Wink
wingkong
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vakanain wrote:
Bazooka Goof wrote:

Well, it is always nice to have a serious answer. Which brings up the question, of the two, who would be the straight man (comedic meaning) Hairy or Jack? Wink

Looks like I might have a new subject for my next Flash animated BTLC short... Very Happy
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vakanain wrote:
Bazooka Goof wrote:

Hairy is the straight man and the brains of the operation.
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wingkong wrote:
Vakanain wrote:
Bazooka Goof wrote:

Looks like I might have a new subject for my next Flash animated BTLC short... Very Happy

Ohh, sounds wonderfully interesting! Very Happy
Vakanain
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
Vakanain wrote:
Bazooka Goof wrote:

Hairy is the straight man and the brains of the operation.

Good point, even when partnered with a Chinese ape man monster Jack can't be the straight man, and that is why he's the star. Laughing
Big Trouble in Little GA
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Chinese Wild Man was just wanting to even the score.
yousoundalittlenervouspal
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was the usual carpenter open ending

ala-....the fog,

and after big trouble

they live and prince of darkness did the same the evil still live to ruin shiat on another day
Haydn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually a very good question. When Egg's lawyer asks him if he knows the whereabouts of Jack, Egg replies with leave Jack Burton alone, that means Egg either knows he's still alive or has not seen him since they parted ways at the restaurant and assumes he's alive. But we know about the monster on the back of his truck and Egg does not if the last time he saw him was at the end of the movie...

Now what happened after Jack left with the monster on the back of his truck? He's a trucker sounds like he lives in or around Sacramento, by his truck insurance, which is about a 2 hour drive. You think he went straight home? If he did theres a good chance the monster stayed on the truck the whole way. Maybe Lo Pan was a good master to the monster and he stowed away on the back of his truck to take revenge on Jack or maybe Lo Pan was a bad master and all the monster wants to do is get as far away as he can. Well thats where the conundrum happens. When Jack finally gets home and assuming the monster is still on the truck does he have the monster attack him or does it run away. If it attacks him does he still have the effects from the six demon bag in him? If so he probably stands a good chance of fighting it off.

My opinion is the view of optimism, Egg thinks he's still alive and so do I.
led burton
Wingkong Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hybrid steroids wore off and Lopans minion was free at last. He shrunk to the normal size of all ewoks. Jack helped him return to Endor and all was well. When later questioned about it Jack said, "A man would have to be a fool to think were all alone in this universe."

Or something close to that happened. It has been a few years since I read the news report. Wink
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. Lo Pan was evil enough to use Ewoks for his own villainous gains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> The Film All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: