The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Trouble In Little China Footlong Fandwich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-sean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Big Trouble In Little China Footlong Fandwich Reply with quote

Hey Guy's

I was watching BTILC other night for millionth time, doing my normal routine chowing down on a Chinese takeaway from local and having few Asahi beers (Japanese brand) I thought to myself Mmmmmm… I wonder?? I’m the only person who does this? Do other BTILC fans have choice of fast food to chow down on while watching this great movie to make the experience even better? And then it struck me!! A question out of the WTF kind of question is that pile? So here it is:

What kind of foot long is Jack eating at the start of the movie? I know there's an apple pie for desert. But what was the foot long? It looks like Turkey it could be Chicken? But there’s something else with it? It looked damm tasty! And I want one!!

Now this got me thinking and has opened up a whole new world. So how about this. A BTILC fandwich!! That’s right why don’t we put our thoughts in to creating the ultimate foot long sandwich to compliment the movie that any of us from around the world can make.

We would need to keep with Jack’s lifestyle of a trucker who’s on the road 24/7 so it needs to be fast food and needs to be purchased on the road. Now I’m from the UK and where limited too what’s available to us compared to want you guys in States can get. So I was thinking there one chain of sandwich store that is probably known world wide by now which is “eat fresh” subways. So how about we use already available fillings from there menu and make the ultimate BTILC fandwich.

To get the ball rolling and as an example, how about a:

Foot long on Italian

Bacon
Tomato
Italian salami
Lettuce
Cheese

And any dressings i.e. honey mustard and mayo what ever, it can be anything as long as it tastes damm good.

So what do you think guys? Is it something worth doing? It's way out there but hey why not? Oh and I still what answer to my question about Jack’s sandwich I must have the answer!
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of the BTILC Fandwich. But I am not a salami fan. I think we need to switch out the tomato for turkey or something or the Cheese for Chicken.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread's making me hungry. I could go for a "Jimmy John's" sandwich right about now.

(For those unfamiliar with that chain, Click Here)

They make a good sub sandwich. I bet ol' Jack Burton would eat one. Cool
j-sean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy John's looks freakin sweeet. See now we dont have great deli stores here in UK, that's what i miss about being State side. Looking at the menu has just made me crave a BTILC fandwich,

I've heard that Subways have sweet chilli chicken on there menu Mmmmmm... me thinks they could be a themed fandwich waiting to be created? So i'm off to try the 1st Fandwich, ill report back later with my review.
Jay The Showstealer Sean
Jay
Jay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my fandwich idea hit the skids then. i thought i was on to a real winner with this topic.

Well its back to the drawing board. I'm going to do my best to be around lot more during 2009 now that i remembered my log in details there nothing stopping me lol..

I noticed the boards seem very quite for some reason?
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay The Showstealer Sean wrote:
I noticed the boards seem very quiet for some reason?

Couldn't tell you why- usually a forum has some kind of blowout between several members and no one wants to post anymore, but nothing like that happened here. It just seemed like everything slowed down to a trickle practically all at once about two years ago.

Once in a while someone new comes in, but since I'm the only one who's here on a regular basis, that's not enough incentive for them to stick around.

Subsequently, it gets lonely being a WingKong Mod here... Crying or Very sad

Wink Laughing
LimericksJackBurton
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
Jay The Showstealer Sean wrote:
I noticed the boards seem very quiet for some reason?

Couldn't tell you why- usually a forum has some kind of blowout between several members and no one wants to post anymore, but nothing like that happened here. It just seemed like everything slowed down to a trickle practically all at once about two years ago.

Once in a while someone new comes in, but since I'm the only one who's here on a regular basis, that's not enough incentive for them to stick around.

Subsequently, it gets lonely being a WingKong Mod here... Crying or Very sad

Wink Laughing

AWWWWWWWWW..... Well you do it well Big Guy..

As for that sandwich...............
I salivate every time I see Jack bite into it.
Your Fandwich sounds disgracefully good..
Writing down the details and so gonna watch BTILC whilst eating it....

Will report back with a mouth full of sauce...
LimericksJackBurton
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Jay, thanks to you I am about to get into my Jeep and go get the sandwich, come home and watch BTILC...

If I'm not back by morning, call the president.... Cool
LimericksJackBurton
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fandwich.....................

Worthy of Burton... Razz
Jay The Showstealer Sean
Jay
Jay

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, but it had to be done i cant be the only person who chows down on there favorite food while watching this classic? Can i?

But hey i hope that you enjoyed your footlog? And it hit the spot what did you end up having? Could be the BTILC Fandwich??

Talking of which i think i now know what was in that sub. Due to my recent purchase BTILC on blue ray. I can now see whats in the Burton Footlog! Im pretty sure theres roast beef, turkey and cheese but im unable to advise on dressing? So go with your own choice and dont forget to follow it up with an apple pie. Wink
LimericksJackBurton
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet.. I had what you called out above. It was ridiculous..
BTILC is so good with a sub...
shiat, its good with anything!!!!

Thanks again dude... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Fan Submissions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: