The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yes, There Will Be A Sequel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chang_Sing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Yes, There Will Be A Sequel Reply with quote

Though I am only hoping, I am using some good logic here. Let me introduce myself....

I am a writer who has been published and decided that the best way to get everyone including the studio interested in a sequel from the standpoint of profits and making it well worth the time of the actors, resources, etc. is to write a book.

If the book does well, and numbers support making a sequel, I say that there is a fighting chance. The worst that can happen is the book and the sequel idea get thrown into the hell of eternal rejection. That would be located just under the hell of the upside down sinners. Smile

Seriously though, here's what I'm working on:

The tentative title is "Egg Shen Fights Again".

The whole concept is that Gracie Law & Jack Burton Marry, Wang marries Mao Yin, and the group is led into battle for the final time against Lo Pan who comes back from the great beyond. Lo Pan is restless, he hasn't been able to live with his loss at the hands of Jack Burton and the Chang Sings. Lo Pan is determined to become mortal one more time, but he will have to fight the whole gang with Egg Shen in the lead and the whole group whose spirits are now united.

The adventure begins!

Any supporters out here so far?
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the fact that I don't think Burton would settle down... If the book is popular then people would want a movie about the book, but Victor Wong is dead and I don't know if they could pull James Hong off as Lo Pan anymore, so the movie would have to happen without those two. Kim Catrall won't be interested. Basically if you are LUCKY you would get Kurt Russell and Dennis Dun interested in a sequel but I doubt it. I think we should be pushing to get a video game made.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a tough sell with the age of the actors.

But the book sounds interesting. I wonder if you could have just as much fun using Jack Burton Jr and Wang's kid as the stars. I bet you could get the others for parental cameos much easier.

Either way keep us updated. I am interested to hear how things go.

Do you mind if we ask what other work you have had published?

Good Luck Very Happy
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually! I think that Jack should still be the same, 'cause you can easily pull off older heroes. A child of Wang would be good, and Jack could be it's godfather and mentor after Wang's death if Dennis Dun doesn't want in.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Egg
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt Russell didn't even want to appear in The Expendables when asked so I see a slim chance in hell of him coming back for a BTILC sequel. I'd definitely be down for a video game sequel though...for The Goonies too
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to be in the Expendables huh? That's a bummer. Maybe he feels he is too old for action now. That would make it difficult to get him into BTiLC 2.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him refusing the expendables as him not wanting to do action. He might see it as selling out - signing up to the cash cow that is the expendables.
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, its a Stallone film. He is pretty well respected among his acting peers. Especially when he has control of the movie. I am not sure Russell would view it as selling out. But I could be wrong.

I know that when Kurt did Soldier, he said he got in the best shape of his life. He said Goldie loved it, but he would never work so hard again. That is part of what makes me think he is anti action now, being years older.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what about Death Proof?
Egg
Wingkong Henchman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he might have pretty much turned down The Expendables due to the fact that from looking at his IMDB profile at the moment he's doing less flicks and concentrating on his family more, like acting in what appears to be an independent film for his daughter it seems or that he might have saw The Expendables as a "Let's get all the perceived washed up, B Grade action stars together in the one film" which definitely isn't the case...but perhaps he thought his image might be tarnished almost lampooning himself

I really have no concrete idea but I think it would have been awesome to see him in The Expendables. Let's hope he pulls out one or two more on-screen action tales Very Happy
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denton wrote:
But what about Death Proof?

Hardly an action flick. He drove a car around. Not very physically demanding. No matter what Nascar fans think. Very Happy

Kurt rocks, I just hope he does some more fun movies soon.
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
I know that when Kurt did Soldier, he said he got in the best shape of his life. He said Goldie loved it, but he would never work so hard again. That is part of what makes me think he is anti action now, being years older.

To further support that, I want to mention Kurt's commentary on the Escape from New York DVD- in a deleted scene, Kurt vaults over a subway turnstile during a chase and at that point he commented on how he couldn't even do that anymore!

I would imagine he believes the effort of getting into shape and doing all that work just isn't worth it. Personally, I'd prefer he take more of a Harrison Ford-style approach to his movies, but not everyone can be Harrison Ford! Wink

One more thought: It's probably easy for US to say, "Aw, come on- do more action movies!" as we're all far younger than Kurt! (He's 59 as of this writing- he's got over 20 years on me!)
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:

One more thought: It's probably easy for US to say, "Aw, come on- do more action movies!" as we're all far younger than Kurt! (He's 59 as of this writing- he's got over 20 years on me!)

My friend, you are old. Wink Wink
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
My friend, you are old. Wink Wink

About the same age Kurt Russell was at his peak- BTiLC and Tango & Cash! Cool
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Then you still have plenty of time to buy a truck and save the world. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: