The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index The Wing Kong Exchange
Big Trouble in Little China forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who would you want to play Jack?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbender1
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Who would you want to play Jack? Reply with quote

I know there's no replacing Kurt and he rely is the only man for the job but if there was going to be a sequel and Kurt wanted no involvement in it who do you think would pull off the best replacement?
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know but I bet they would get someone like Ryan Reynolds =[
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blinky500
Blinky
Blinky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe matt bowmer from that USA show, white collar. hes kinda funny.
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way hollywood is going it would be Steve Carell. Ryan Reynolds is hilarious. But his humor is a little different than Jack. He is also a little bit more of a badass. And as much as we love Jack, he wasn't the coolest guy ever. That was part of the appeal.

I want to say Jefferey Donovan, but that is just because I think he is awesome and I want him to star in everything.

As my really out there pick, someone who has a great sense of humor and is awesome at action. I realize he is a little more buff than Jack. But I think he could pull off the humor. The Rock. I know that sounds crazy, but the guy is actually pretty talented, especially humor wise.
mrbender1
Wingkong Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Carell would ruin it for me I wouldn't even go see it. Robert Downy has a similar sarcastic humor and MIGHT be able to pull of a decent Jack!
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
He is also a little bit more of a badass. And as much as we love Jack, he wasn't the coolest guy ever. That was part of the appeal.

No way dude. By all means and purposes, Jack IS a badass. I think that the Little China situation was just a little too strange for him, like nothing he had ever seen before. Think about it. He's a trucker who carries a knife in his boot. The whole thing about tapping his head against a bar room wall shows that he's seen some action. He is a tough guy who knows how to look out for himself.

Ryan Reynold's isn't a badass though. Kurt would wipe the floor with him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bazooka Goof
Bazooka
Bazooka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjahero wrote:
As my really out there pick, someone who has a great sense of humor and is awesome at action. The Rock. I know that sounds crazy, but the guy is actually pretty talented, especially humor wise.

If anyone out there hasn't seen it yet, I highly recommend "The Rundown"- where The Rock's sense of humor really shines- he's a bounty hunter who, like Jack, is pretty much in over his head chasing his latest quarry. Laughing
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazooka Goof wrote:
Ninjahero wrote:
As my really out there pick, someone who has a great sense of humor and is awesome at action. The Rock. I know that sounds crazy, but the guy is actually pretty talented, especially humor wise.

If anyone out there hasn't seen it yet, I highly recommend "The Rundown"- where The Rock's sense of humor really shines- he's a bounty hunter who, like Jack, is pretty much in over his head chasing his latest quarry. Laughing

An awesome movie. I was hoping it would spawn a series. Stiffler almost ruins it. But the Rock is amazing. Love the whip fighting too.
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denton wrote:
Ninjahero wrote:
He is also a little bit more of a badass. And as much as we love Jack, he wasn't the coolest guy ever. That was part of the appeal.

No way dude. By all means and purposes, Jack IS a badass. I think that the Little China situation was just a little too strange for him, like nothing he had ever seen before. Think about it. He's a trucker who carries a knife in his boot. The whole thing about tapping his head against a bar room wall shows that he's seen some action. He is a tough guy who knows how to look out for himself.

Ryan Reynold's isn't a badass though. Kurt would wipe the floor with him.

I really don't think so. A knife in the boot is far from a tough guy. He was a trucker, with one skill (reflexes), who did the right thing to help a friend. I don't think the point was for him to be a tough guy. Heck, he had never even killed a guy before he plugs the wingkong agent.
Denton
Wingkong Leader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this blasphemy!
chet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Fillion!!
Ninjahero
Storm Level 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love Castle, he feels a little old to me.

But he does rock, maybe he could pull the character off.
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Burton can only be played by Kurt Russell. Wang Chi must be Jackie Chan in a new film. What a mix! Carpenter has to do that. Mad $$$.

((From OP: If Russell can't do it, no one can. Or maybe Bruce Willis can. I can see him with leather boots and a black Harley Davison cap doing C.B. lingo!? Yes Sir, The Check is in the Mail!))

X

ps: Not sure for movie titles: Bigger Trouble in Little China, Big Trouble in Big China (Implies Hong Kong action. Groovie!), More Trouble in Little China., .... yatta yatta...
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and PLEASE for the love of God, ... get someone to re-score Carpenters music! If I hear any more, I'll put a bullet through somebodies head. His stuff is redundant.
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all reminds me of the Who'd Your Pick to play in your favorite movie.

Wayback Machine, Mr. Peabody:

The Jetsons:
George Jetson = Chevy Chase
Mr. Spacely = Danny DeVito
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wing Kong Exchange Forum Index -> Sequel Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: